Ideas for new productions

Additional theatrical opportunities.

What other productions would you like to do?

Cat on a hot tin roof
12%
Bah humbug
37%
CATS
50%

Total votes : 8

Postby adam on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:27 pm

uhhhhhhhh welllllllllllllllll...............nope
adam
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Postby ocagchick_randi on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:30 pm

FINE i just wont talk to you!!!
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby adam on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:32 pm

in the words of that commercial i hate
dont get mad get glad
i gotta go seeya
adam

Postby ocagchick_randi on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:34 pm

bye!!
ocagchick_randi

Postby the music man on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:13 pm

again it's you and adam talking to yourselves again.

when will you learn to speak to other people on the boardsd?

any way back on topic. i don't think we should do any of the choices picked by mickster. i think we should do Little Shop of Horrors. That's my favorite musical besides Evita. Don't cry for me Argentina! and we could never do evita. :(

*PONDER*
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby adam on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:17 pm

yeah i agree with kevin with little shop of horrors i could be the plant i always imagined me voice acting and this could be my chance or not i dont know
adam

Postby adam on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:52 pm

yeah we could work on it in the summer and have it done by october and we could put on during halloween time that could be cool
adam

Postby the music man on Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:16 pm

Oklahoma! and Babes in Arms had female leads. Laurey, more or less and Susie were definitely the leads in those shows. and Daisy Mae was pretty much the lead in Lil' Abner. So I don't want to hear it.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby Regina on Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:58 pm

the music man wrote:Oklahoma! and Babes in Arms had female leads. Laurey, more or less and Susie were definitely the leads in those shows. and Daisy Mae was pretty much the lead in Lil' Abner. So I don't want to hear it.

You are on crack! Li'l Abner was the lead in Li'l Abner. Val was the lead in Babes in Arms. I don't know about Oklahoma! really, but personally I think Curly had the better part.
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mickster on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:05 pm

the music man wrote:again it's you and adam talking to yourselves again.

when will you learn to speak to other people on the boardsd?

any way back on topic. i don't think we should do any of the choices picked by mickster. i think we should do Little Shop of Horrors. That's my favorite musical besides Evita. Don't cry for me Argentina! and we could never do evita. :(

*PONDER*

Those were only mere suggestions, MM, If you kiddos want to do the Horror play, more power to ya. We could do Forest Gump with you in the lead... How 'bou dat??? :rundog:
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby Marissa on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Regina wrote:
the music man wrote:Oklahoma! and Babes in Arms had female leads. Laurey, more or less and Susie were definitely the leads in those shows. and Daisy Mae was pretty much the lead in Lil' Abner. So I don't want to hear it.

You are on crack! Li'l Abner was the lead in Li'l Abner. Val was the lead in Babes in Arms. I don't know about Oklahoma! really, but personally I think Curly had the better part.

I think it might be possible that Kevin is saying that those were the female lead parts in those plays.

Of course, I know of very few shows (any?) that have male only casts. So, you know.....there is a female lead in almost every show in the universe. Just like there are male leads in almost every show in the universe.

Of course if what Regina has assumed is true.....that Kevin honestly thinks that Laurey, Susie and Daisy May were the leads in Oklahoma!, Babes in Arms and Li'l Abner then it's true that he must be on crack. In Oklahoma! I think that Jud (as well as Curly) would be considered more of a lead than Laurey.

A good rule of thumb Kevin, is that if the show is actually named after a person.....that person is typically the lead. Kind of like Li'l Abner.

Ta ta.

8-)
Last edited by Marissa on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby adam on Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:11 pm

or THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
adam

Postby ocagchick_randi on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:16 pm

or ....wait whats another one......I JUST had it!!!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Postby Marissa on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:58 pm

Hello, Dolly!
Charlie Brown
Snoopy!
Cinderella
Funny Girl (Fanny Brice was The Funny Girl)
Annie
Oliver!
My Fair Lady (Eliza Dolittle was The Fair Lady)
No, No Nanette
Pipin
Barnum
The Music Man
Evita

Honestly, the only one I can think of now that is named after someone besides the lead role is Gypsy. The point of the title was that even though Rose was the lead (and the one who worked the hardest), her daughters June and Louise (Gypsy Rose Lee) were the ones who had the fame.

8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Previous

Return to Casting Calls