A Territorial Christmas Carol and Oliver

Additional theatrical opportunities.

Do you like audition notices like these?

Sure! I like to be in the know when it comes to local acting gigs.
100%
No! Why do you tease me with auditions and casting calls that I can't do right now?
No votes

Total votes : 4

A Territorial Christmas Carol and Oliver

Postby Regina on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:02 pm

This would so interfere with Hello, Dolly! but it's fun to see what's going on in theatre, anyway.

The Pollard Theatre will hold open call auditions for its upcoming production of A Territorial Christmas Carol: An Oklahoma Tradition.  Direction by Jennifer Rosson. A Pollard Theatre Original which never fails to delight audiences year after year!  Adapted by gifted Oklahoma playwright, Steven P. Scott, this version of Dickens' classic tale of redemption and brotherly love is set in the time of the Oklahoma Land Run. Be sure to get your tickets early as we are sure to sell out this Oklahoma Tradition!

A Territorial Christmas Carol:

An Oklahoma Tradition

Director: Jennifer Rosson
Rehearsals Begin: October 29th @ 1:00pm
Opens: November 25, 2005 and Closes: December 23, 2005

Audition Details  

When: Saturday October 22, 2005 @2:00pm
Where: The Pollard Theatre
What to Bring: All performers will be asked to do some cold reading

The director is seeking performers of all ages, kissy kissy and race. Perusal copies of the scripts may be checked out prior to auditions for a $5 refundable deposit. To check out a script, call the Pollard Theatre Production Office at 405-282-2802. Please call to ensure availability. The Pollard Theatre office hours are Tuesday - Friday from 10am to 5pm. 

ALL ROLES ARE AVAILABLE 

The Pollard Theatre will also hold preliminary auditions for its upcoming production of Oliver!  Directed by W. Jerome Stevenson.  Set in bustling 19th-Century England, the story follows Oliver Twist, a poor orphan who dares to ask for something more. Oliver soon finds himself alone on the streets of London. Befriended by a colorful gang of scoundrels and thieves, he gets caught for a crime he didn't commit - and then must prove his innocence, escape the gang, and find the family he's always yearned for.

Oliver!

Director: W. Jerome Stevenson
Rehearsals Begin: October 29th @ 1:00pm
Opens: March 31, 2006 and Closes: May 7, 2006

Audition Details

When: Saturday October 22, 2005 @2:00pm
Where: The Pollard Theatre
What to Bring: All performers will be asked to do some cold reading and singing acapella. No accompanist will be provided

At this time, the director is seeking Children of varying  ages, kissy kissy and race. Perusal copies of the scripts may be checked out prior to auditions for a $10 refundable deposit. To check out a script, call the Pollard Theatre Production Office at 405-282-2802. Please call to ensure availability. The Pollard Theatre office hours are Tuesday - Friday from 10am to 5pm. 

ALL ROLES ARE AVAILABLE

The Pollard Theatre
120 West Harrison
Guthrie, OK  73044
405-282-2800
http://www.thepollard.org[/i]
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sicky on Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:22 pm

I would really like to do Oliver......sigh
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Re: A Territorial Christmas Carol and Oliver

Postby Marissa on Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:42 am

Regina wrote:This would so interfere with Hello, Dolly! but it's fun to see what's going on in theatre, anyway.

Yes and everyone keep in mind that Marissa will injure anyone who decides to audition and/or accept a role in anything that will mess up Hello, Dolly!

Please don't make me angry. You won't like me if I'm angry.

:eatemup:
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Marissa on Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:46 am

Krislyn wrote:I would really like to do Oliver......sigh

Don't fret Krislyn. As much as I love you, there is no part for you in Oliver. They'll want little boys and little girls who can be dressed up as little boys.

The drive to Guthrie would kill you. When I was in The Unsinkable Molly Brown, it almost killed me and I lived in OKC at the time.

Plus, the only good female role in the show is Nancy and Becky Gordon will have already been cast in the role.

Just concentrate on the fact that you're getting to do one of the best roles every written for women and be happy with that!!!

8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Sicky on Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:19 pm

sigh....... :igiveup:
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:04 pm

Never give up on your dreams Krislyn!!!! :cheer:
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:47 pm

I want to do the christmas carol one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....dont hurt me!!!
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby Marissa on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:53 pm

ocagchick_randi wrote:I want to do the christmas carol one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....dont hurt me!!!

Actually it would be very hard for any kid, who doesn't attend Guthrie Schools, to do A Territorial Christmas Carol.

The Pollard has done this show every Christmas for basically the last million years....or since they've been in existence anyway.

They bring in a lot of school children to watch it (kind of like when the Jr. High comes to see our shows but on a much larger scale) and they perform it mostly during the day. I think it might be difficult for you (or anyone else not from Guthrie) to be able to take (at least) a full week off from school.

8-)
Marissa 8-)

Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby ocagchick_randi on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:56 pm

oh well then :-(
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi

Return to Casting Calls