Greetings from UK

For cast discussion not related to current shows.

Greetings from UK

Postby Richard-UK on Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:15 am

Hello there everyone - My name is Richard Esdale and I am the artistic director for a UK based performing arts academy just formed in Dover, Kent, UK.

I really love the website and would love to make arrangements for our yout members to perhaps form a 'friendship arts bridge' with your youth members all the way over there in USA - Do you think this could be a good idea?

Perhaps we could change Artistic ideas through the forum or email and perhaps build up to arrange some kind of youth theatre exchange in the future... what do you think?

Our website (temp) is at http://www.blackfishacademy.com - pop by and say hi and email us a blackfishacademy@hotmail.co.uk if you would like to form this friendship bridge wit your members...

Thank for your time and keep up the great work - look forward to hearing your views real soon.

Kind Regards

Richard Esdale
Artistic Director
Blackfish Academy - UK
"Widen the otherwise narrow definition of performance into an art-form which draws upon & encompasses a wealth of material."
Richard-UK

Postby Tony on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:45 pm

hi my name is antonio gloria nice to meet you
Tony
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Greetings

Postby Richard-UK on Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:20 pm

Nice to meet you too Antonio... hope to stay in contact with you guys...

Richard
"Widen the otherwise narrow definition of performance into an art-form which draws upon & encompasses a wealth of material."
Richard-UK

Postby mickster on Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:14 am

Welcome Richard, I hope the children can exhange ideas and have fun chatting and so forth. I think that this endeavor will be a cultural lesson for them..
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby treysmom on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:44 pm

i am trey and alexis' mother. this is their first play that they have ever done and they are having the time of their lives. they have made many new friends that have been so great to them. i think having a pen pal will just add to the greatness in their lives.

carrie
CARRIE HOLEMAN
treysmom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Richard-UK on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi Carrie...

Nice to hear from you!! We are currently making up a pack of goodies to send to Marissa with details of some of our kids wanting to make friends with you guys...

I look forward to hopefully speaking again real soon..

Regards

Richard
http://www.blackfishacademy.com
Richard-UK

Postby Marissa on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:41 pm

Richard-UK wrote:We are currently making up a pack of goodies to send to Marissa with details of some of our kids wanting to make friends with you guys...

Thank you! I love getting packs of goodies. :cheer:

This week has been pretty busy at my "real job." I meant to talk with my kids on Tuesday when we had rehearsal. I must have slipped into a coma or something though because I didn't. I was pretty crazed on Tuesday. Our rehearsal starts at 5:30 pm and I got there around 6 pm so you can imagine.

I'm going to talk to them tonight though. I know that most of them will want to participate.

Talk to you soon. 8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:08 am

Welcome Richard......tell us about what you have going on there.

Rhonda
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby katey on Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:20 pm

Hi Richard! My name is Katey and I think talking to someone in England would be sooooooo awesome. i love having pen pals.
WORDS OF WISDOM:
1.before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes!
2.when life hands you a lemon, say," Oh yeah, i like lemons. What else ya got?"
3.sometimes you're the windsheild. sometimes you're the bug.
4. live like you were diein. it rox out loud!
5.wish for wat you want. work for wat you need
6.life is so....... whatever!
LOVE ME AND MY MONKEY!!!!!!!!:monkey:
katey
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby the music man on Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:45 pm

katey your crazy! but anyhoo nice to meet you richard from england. my name is kevin gottman. (i'm the best in the group) besides my wonderful sister who is REALLY the best!
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby Marissa on Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:27 pm

the music man wrote:katey your crazy! but anyhoo nice to meet you richard from england. my name is kevin gottman. (i'm the best in the group) besides my wonderful sister who is REALLY the best!

Besides his beautiful and wonderful Aunt Marissa who is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY the best.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Sicky on Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:39 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! don't believe her.........I'm really the best,....HEHE!!!! :elephant:
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky
'True Hollywood Story' Subject
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Postby ocagchick_randi on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:01 pm

ummm dont belive either of them ( their on crazy pills)
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby mickster on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:50 pm

So what's happened to our British friend, Richard??? Maybe we're just too Okie for him... :lol:
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:54 pm

Krislyn and Kevin scared him away!!!!!!!
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi

Next

Return to General Discussion