Lyrics to songs.

Talk about Annie here.

Lyrics to songs.

Postby Marissa on Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:02 pm

Call On Dolly (Full Cast):

All: Call on Dolly, she’s the one the spinsters recommend, just name the kind of man your sister wants and she’ll snatch him up, don’t forget to bring your maiden aunts and she’ll match ‘em up! Call on Dolly, if you eldest daughter needs a friend.

Just name the kind of man your sister wants and she’ll snatch him up, don’t forget to bring your maiden aunts and she’ll match ‘em up! Call on……

Call on Dolly, she’s the one the spinsters recommend, just name the kind of man your sister wants and she’ll snatch him up, don’t forget to bring your maiden aunts and she’ll match ‘em up! Call on Dolly.

Just name the kind of man your sister wants and she’ll snatch him up, don’t forget to bring your maiden aunts and she’ll match ‘em up! Call on Dolly.

It Takes A Woman (All Boys):

Vandergelder: It takes a woman all powdered and pink, to joyously clean out the drain in the sink. And it takes an angel with long golden lashes and soft dresden fingers for dumping the ashes.

All Boys: Yes, it takes a woman, a dainty woman, a sweetheart, a mistress, a wife. Oh yes it takes a woman, a fragile woman, to bring you the sweet things in life.

Vandergelder: The frail young maiden who's constantly there for washing and blueing and shoeing the mare. And it takes a female for setting the table and weaving the Guernsey and cleaning the stable.

All Boys: Yes, it takes a woman, a dainty woman, a sweetheart, a mistress, a wife. Oh yes it takes a woman, a fragile woman, to bring you the sweet things in life. And so she'll work until infinity, three cheers for femininity. Rah Rah Rah. Rah Rah Rah. F. E. M. I. T. Y!!

Vandergelder: And in the winter she'll shovel the ice. And lovingly set out the traps for the mice. She's a joy and treasure for practically speaking, to whom can you turn when the plumbing is leaking?

Cornelius & Barnaby: To that dainty woman, that fragile woman, that sweetheart, that mistress, that wife. Oh yes it takes a woman…

Vandergelder: A husky woman!!

Vandergelder, Cornelius & Barnaby: To bring you the sweet things in life!

All: Oh Yes it takes a woman, a dainty woman, a sweetheart, a mistress, a wife. Oh yes it takes a woman, a fragile woman, to bring you the sweet things in life!!

Put On Your Sunday Clothes (Full Cast):

Cornelius: Out there, there's a world outside of Yonkers. Way out there beyond this hick town, Barnaby, there's a slick town, Barnaby. Out there full of shine and full of sparkle. Close your eyes and see it glisten, Barnaby, listen, Barnaby...

Put on your Sunday clothes, there's lots of world out there. Get out the brillantine and dime cigars. We're gonna find adventure in the evening air. Girls in white, in a perfumed night, where the lights are bright as the stars!

Put on your Sunday clothes, we're gonna ride through town in one of those new horse drawn open cars.

Cornelius & Barnaby: We'll see the shows at Delmonico's and we'll close the town in a whirl. And we won't come home until we've kissed a girl!

Dolly: Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out. Strut down the street and have your picture took. Dressed like a dream your spirits seem to turn about. That Sunday shine is a certain sign that you feel as fine as you look!

Dolly, Ambrose & Ermengarde: Beneath your parasol, the world is all a smile that makes you feel brand new down to your toes.

Dolly, Cornelius, Barnaby, Ambrose & Ermengarde: Get out your feathers, your patent leathers, your beads and buckles and bows. For there's no blue Monday in your Sunday clothes!

(Instrumental)

All: Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out. Strut down the street and have your picture took. Dressed like a dream your spirits seem to turn about. That Sunday shine is a certain sign that you feel as fine as you look!
Beneath your parasol, the world is all a smile that makes you feel brand new down to your toes. Get out your feathers, your patent leathers, your beads and buckles and bows. For there's no blue Monday in your Sunday clothes!

(Instrumental)

All: Beneath your bowler brim the world's a simple song. A lovely lilt that makes you tilt your nose. Get out your slickers, your flannel knickers, your red suspenders and hose! For there's no blue Monday in your Sunday clothes!

Dolly:
(spoken) Ermengarde, keep smiling - no man wants a little ninny. Ambrose do a turn let me see! Mr. Hackl, Mr.Tucker, don’t forget Irene and Minnie just forget you ever heard a word from me!

All: All Aboard! All Aboard! All Aboard!!!!

All: Put on your Sunday clothes there's lots of world out there. Put on your silk cravat and patent shoes. We're gonna find adventure in the evening air.

Boys: To town we'll trot, to a smoky spot, where the girls are hot as a fuse!

Girls: (spoken) Oh!!

All: Put on your high silk hat and at the turned up cuff, we'll wear a hand made grey suede buttoned glove. We'll join the Astors at Tony Pastor's and this I'm positive of…that we won't come home, that we won't come home, that we won't come home until we fall in love!

Dancing (Full Cast):

Dolly: Put your hand on her waist and stand, with her right in your left hand. And one two three, one two three, one two three….

Cornelius: Look I'm dancing! Well, I was.

Dolly: (spoken) Of course you were, Mr. Hackl. (sung) Take the someone whose arms you're in. Hold onto her tight and spin and one two three, one two three, one two three.

Cornelius: Wow, I'm dancing!

Dolly: Turn around and turn around, try floating through the air. Can't you be a little more aesthetic?

Cornelius: Don't you think my dancing has a polish and a flair?

Dolly: The word I think I'd use is athletic!

Cornelius: Well my heart is about to burst. My head is about to pop and now that I'm dancing who cares if I ever stop! (spoken) Look at me, everybody! I, Cornelius Hackl...Sport….am dancing!

Dolly: (spoken) You're next, Mr. Tucker! (Sung) Glide and step and then step and glide.

Barnaby: And everyone stand aside!

Dolly: (spoken) No, no Mr. Tucker…not yet….one two three, one two three, one two three.

Cornelius: He's dancing!

Dolly: (spoken) Or something. (sung) You could learn to polka if you worked a week or so. Or the tango filled with passion seething.

Barnaby: I might join the chorus of the castle garden show!

Dolly: Well, whatever you do Mr. Tucker, keep breathing!

Barnaby, Dolly & Cornelius: For my heart is about to burst! My head is about to pop! And now that I'm dancing who cares if I ever stop!

(Instrumental)

All: When there's someone you hardly know but wish you were closer to remember that he/she can be near to you, while you're dancing. Though you've only just said "hello." He's suddenly someone who can make all your daydreams appear to you while you're dancing.

Make the music weave a spell. Whirl away your worry. Things look almost twice as well, when they’re slightly blurry.

As around and around you go your spirits will hit the top and now that we're dancing, who cares if we ever stop?

One-two-three, One-two-three, One-two-three, One-two….and now that we're dancing, Who cares if we ever stop?

Before The Parade Passes By (Full Cast):

Dolly: Before the parade passes by, I’m gonna go and taste Saturday’s high life! Before the parade passes by, I’m gonna get some life back into my life. I’m ready to move out in front. I’ve had enough of just passing by life. With the rest of them, with the best of them, I can hold my head up high! For I’ve got a goal again, I’ve got a drive, again, I’m gonna feel my heart coming alive again, before the parade passes by!

Look at that crowd up ahead, listen and hear that brass harmony growing! Look at that crowd up ahead, pardon me if my old spirit is showing. All of those lights over there seem to be telling me where I’m going. When the whistles blow and the cymbals crash and the sparkles light up the sky. I’m gonna raise the roof, I’m gonna carry on. Give me an old trombone, give me an old baton before the parade passes by!!!

All: When the parade passes by, listen and hear that brass harmony growing. When the parade passes by, pardon me if my old spirit is showing. All of those lights over there seem to be telling me where I'm going. When the whistles blow
and the cymbals crash and the sparklers light the sky. I'm gonna raise the roof, I'm gonna carry on, give me an old trombone, give me an old baton before the parade passes by!

(Instrumental)

All: I'm gonna raise the roof, I'm gonna carry on, give me an old trombone, give me an old baton before the parade passes by!
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:25 am

whew!!!

Do you have "Keyboard Cramps" ? :shock:
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby mickster on Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:38 am

Keyboard cramps as well as crosseyed..
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby mickster on Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:39 am

ooh ooh, I've been upgraded...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby mickster on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:56 pm

mickster wrote:ooh ooh, I've been upgraded...

and again...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:15 pm

oh yey lets throw a party :|
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby Sicky on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:13 pm

There's gonna be a party!!!! I wanna come!!!!! 8)
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Postby mickster on Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:00 am

Krislyn wrote:There's gonna be a party!!!! I wanna come!!!!! 8)

Let's make it for Krislyn & Randi. They're the tops...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:23 pm

Awn thanks :redfacestar: I feel special now!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Postby Sicky on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:41 pm

awn???? You're gonna get up here too and then you're going to pass us and laugh at us....KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!
Sicky

Postby ocagchick_randi on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:55 pm

not before I pass you,krislyn!!!!! :twisted:
ocagchick_randi

Postby Sicky on Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:54 pm

ummm....ok? I didn't get to stay home today by the way...even though you were talking care of Rocky....that's his name isn't it..... :?
Sicky

Postby ocagchick_randi on Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:56 pm

yeah it is, Mickster has ALOT of cetching up to do!!!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Postby Sicky on Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:45 pm

Ya......my mom told me that Sarah said that he was giving up because we were too crazy....no I think that he got tired of having to be on here all of the time! I kinda am too!!!! But I'm very determined to beat you!!!!! 8)
Sicky

Postby ocagchick_randi on Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:21 pm

well I give up you no longer have to
ocagchick_randi