Lyrics for the Charity Show the Oklahoma! section.

Past and future OCAG revues!

Lyrics for the Charity Show the Oklahoma! section.

Postby Marissa on Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:53 pm

Oklahoma:

Solo: They couldn't pick a better time as that in life.
Solo: It ain't too early and it ain't too late.
Solo: Startin' as a farmer with a brand new wife.
Solo: Soon be livin' in a brand new state.

All: Brand new state! Gonna treat you great!

Solo: Gonna give you barley.
Solo: Carrots and pertaters.
Solo: Pasture fer the cattle.
Solo: Spinach and termayters!
Solo: Flowers on the prarie where the June bugs zoom,
Solo: Plen'y of air and plen'y of room,
Solo: Plen'y of room to swing a rope!

All: Plen'y of heart and plen'y of hope. Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain. And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain. Oklahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I, sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky. We know we belong to a land! And the land we belong to is grand! And when we say Yeeow! Ayipioeeay! We're only sayin' you're doin' fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma O.K.

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain. And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain. Oklahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I, sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky. We know we belong to a land! Yo ho! And the land we belong to is grand! Yippee ie, yippee ie, yippee ie, yippee ie, yippee ie, yippee ie. And when we say Yeeow! Ayipioeeay! We're only sayin' you're doin' fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma O.K!

Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma.

We know we belong to a land! And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say Yeeow! Ayipioeeay! We're only sayin' You're doin' fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma O.K. L - A - H - O - M - A! OKLAHOMA!
Yeeow!

It’s A Scandal, It’s An Outrage:

Boys: Trapped! Tricked! Hoodblinked! Ambushed! Friend, what's on your mind? Why do you walk around and around? With your hands folded behind?
And your chin scraping the ground?

Twenty minutes ago, I am free, like a breeze. Free like a bird in the woodland wild. Free like a gypsy, free like a child. I am unattached.

Twenty minutes ago, I can do what I please. Flick my cigar ashes on the rug.

Dunk with a donut, drink from a jug. I am a happy man.

I am minding my own business like I oughta. Ain't meaning any harm to anyone.

I'm talking to a certain farmer's daughter….Then I am looking in the muzzle of a gun!

It's getting so you can't have any fun. Every daughter has a father with a gun.

It's a scandal. It's an outrage. How a gal gets a husband today.

If you make one mistake when the moon is bright, then they tie you to a contract so you make it every night.

It's a scandal. It's an outrage. When her family surround you and say, "You gotta take and make an honest woman outa Nell!"

To make you make her honest, she will lie real well!

It's a scandal. It's an outrage. On our manhood it's a blot! Where is the leader who will save us and be the first man to be shot?

Who me?

Yes, you!

It's a scandal. It's an outrage. Just a wink and a kiss and you're through!

You're a mess, and in less then a year, by heck. There's a baby on your shoulder making bubbles on your neck.

It's a scandal. It's an outrage. Any farmer will tell you it's true.

A rooster in a chicken coop is better off than men. He ain't the special property of just one hen.

It's a scandal. It's an outrage. It's a problem we must solve. We gotta start a revolution!

Girls: All right then, boys. Revolve!

Many a New Day:

Girls: Why should a woman who is healthy and strong, blubber like a baby if her man goes away? A weepin' an' a whalin' that he's done her wrong, that's one thing you'll never hear me say! Never gonna think that the man I lose is the only man among men! I'll snap my fingers to show I don't care. I'll buy me a brand new dress to wear. I'll scrub my neck and I'll brush my hair. And start all over again!

Many a new face will please my eye. Many a new love will find me. Never have I once looked back to sigh. Over the romance behind me. Many a new day will dawn before I do!

Many a like lad may kiss and fly. A kiss gone by is bygone. Never have I asked an August sky…“where has last July gone?" Never have I wandered through the rye, wondering "where has some guy gone?" Many a new day will dawn before I do.

Many a new face will please my eye. Many a new love will find me. Never have I once looked back to sigh. Over the romance behind me. Many a new day will dawn before I do!

Never have I chased the honeybee, who carelessly cajoled me. Somebody else just as sweet as he, cheered me and consoled me. Never have I wept into my tea over the deal someone doled me.

Many a new day will dawn. Many a red sun will set. Many a blue moon will shine before I do!

Out of my Dreams:

(spoken)

Solo: And to your house comes a dark clubman.
Laurey: Girls…could you…could you go and tell fortunes somewhere else? I need to be myself a while.
Solo: Look, she bought those old smelling salts the peddler was trying to sell us.
Laurey: They ain’t smelling salts. They’re gonna help make up my mind for me. Look at me take a big wiff now (coughs)
Solo: That’s the camphor.
Laurey: Please girls…go away.
Solo: Hey Laurey, is it true you’re letting Jud take you to the dance tonight, instead of Curly?
Laurey: I’ll tell you after I make up my mind.
Solo: I can tell you what you want.

(sung)

Solo: Out of your dreams and into his arms, you long to fly.
Solo: You don't need Egyptian Smelling Salts to tell you why.
Solo: Out of your dreams and into the hush of falling shadows.
Solo: When the mist is low.
Solo: And stars are breaking through.
Solo: Then out of your dreams you'll go.
Solo: Into a dream come true.

Girls: Make up your mind, make up your mind Laurey, Laurey dear. Make up your own, make up your own story, Laurey dear! Old Pharoes daughter won’t tell you what to do. Ask your heart, whatever it tells you will be true.

Laurey: Out of my dreams and into your arms I long to fly. I will come as evening comes to woo a waiting sky. Out of my dreams and into the hush of falling shadows. When the mist is low and stars are breaking through then out of my dreams I'll go….Into a dream with you.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to Musical revues