Addendum to the Children On Broadway Quiz + a little advice.

Think you know Broadway? Test your skills right here.

Addendum to the Children On Broadway Quiz + a little advice.

Postby Marissa on Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Hello all.

It's been brought to my attention that several people are having a hard time on the "non White orphans" question.

I think one of the problems would be that to come up with the ones I found (ten of them), I had to look at a lot of pictures. Some pictures can be very deceiving. I went with the orphans who I THOUGHT looked "non White" (Black, Asian, Hispanic, etc.) and came up with ten.

There really was no way to do this on the ones who were "iffy." I went with my best guess. Unfortunately, these actresses don't have information such as their races online that I could find.

I was asked today if we could try to use orphans from other "Annie" shows. Here's what I have decided:

If you stumble across information regarding Annie 2, Miss Hanigan's Revenge or Annie Warbucks and find non white orphans there then you may use them to get to your 40 possible points. It's not going to be easy though because those two musicals (actually Annie 2, Miss Hanigan's Revenge was turned into Annie Warbucks) didn't do very well on Broadway and had very short runs. Also, I don't know a whole lot about the two musicals and so if you pick any orphans from those shows, I'll still need the actress’s name, her character, what show it was in, what her race is AND where you found the information on the internet so that I can go and check. You must also make sure that you're not talking about orphans who were not on Broadway or in a National Tour. I don't need to hear that some school out in Tulsa did the show and had a full cast of Black people. These have to be "official performances."

Also, if I decided that a certain orphan was White and you disagree, if you can show me where you found the information of her race then I'll give you credit. However, if the only "proof" you have is that she "looks non White," then that's not going to work. Sorry but as the Quiz Master only I get to decide on pictures. You must come up with facts.

Regarding the different movies about Annie, I don't want you to use those. I'm trying very hard to keep all of this about live theatre so sorry, but no movies.

Last bit of advice. Don't get tangled up in believing that you’re looking for Black orphans only. What you want to find are "non White orphans." People are lots of different races and Black and White are only two of them.

Okay. Ta ta for now.

8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby the music man on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:04 pm

i still couldn't find any thing about them.................there are some non-white orphans in the movie..............but i couldn't find any for the musical...........................sorry.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby the music man on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:12 pm

sorry...................................again...................................
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Return to Quiz quadrant