Children On Broadway Quiz

Think you know Broadway? Test your skills right here.

Children On Broadway Quiz

Postby Marissa on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi all.

I decided that since we’re on hiatus I would put another quiz on the board.

I know that our winners from the last quiz (Randi, Adam and Regina) have not yet got their prizes; however they’re not going to have to wait very much longer. I would like to give the prizes for this quiz at the same time that I’m giving out the Tony Award Winning Quiz prizes so, let’s do this one now!!

I hope that a lot more people participate in this one. I was discouraged from the turn out on the last one. So take a stab at this. Yes, I'm talking to YOU!!!

This is a quiz all about children on Broadway. This should interest you since many of you would like to one day perform on Broadway.

You have one week from tomorrow to finish this quiz so, it’s due by 11:59 pm on March 1, 2006. If you can’t get it all done by then, do what you can and turn it in anyway. Remember if there are ties, I’ll go with whoever turned their answers in first. Also, remember to either PM me or email me your answers.

This is (as usual) an “open internet” quiz. However, it might be a little harder than the last one. Some of the information was very hard to find online and so I pulled out my book, Broadway Musicals, The 101 Greatest Shows Of All Time, and got some information from there.

Just like the last quiz, the OCAG performer who gets the most answers right will be awarded Best Performance by a Leading Actor/Actress in the Children On Broadway Quiz. The OCAG performer who gets the second most answers right will be awarded Best Performance by a Featured Actor/Actress in the Children On Broadway Quiz. The OCAG supporter / parent who gets the most answers right will be awarded Best Performance by a Supporting Actor/Actress in the Children On Broadway Quiz.

Good luck!!! Here we go!!!

LIGHTS UP

1. The following are each worth three points. Partial credit will be given for partially correct answers.

The following musicals all had children in them. Tell me about the musicals. Tell me when the musical opened on Broadway (no revivals, I’m talking original run here), what theatre it ran at and how many performances were done of it. Again I’m talking only the original run performances.

Annie
Annie Get Your Gun
Bye Bye Birdie
Fiddler On The Roof
Gypsy
The King And I
Les Miserables
Mame
The Music Man
Oklahoma
Peter Pan
Sound Of Music
South Pacific

2. The following are each worth one point.

When I say “who played” I mean, who played the character in the original run on Broadway. Be careful. Most of these people were later replaced by other people. I want to know who was standing on stage when the curtains opened on the show’s first night on Broadway.

In Fiddler on the Roof, who played Bielke?
In Gypsy, who played Baby June?
In Gypsy, who played Baby Louise?
In The King And I, who played Prince Chulalongkorn?
In The King And I, who played Louis?
In Les Miserables, who played Young Cosette?
In Les Miserables, who played Young Eponine?
In Les Miserables, who played Gavroche?
In The Music Man, who played Amaryllis?
In The Music Man, who played Winthrop Paroo?
In Oklahoma, who played Aggie (and The Dream Child)?
In Peter Pan, who played Wendy (and Jane)?
In Peter Pan, who played John?
In Peter Pan, who played Michael?
In South Pacific, who played Ngana?
In South Pacific, who played Jerome?
In Beauty And The Beast, who played Chip?
In Jamaica, who played Quico?
In Annie Get Your Gun, who played Nellie Oakley?
In Annie Get Your Gun, who played Jessie Oakley?
In Annie Get Your Gun, who played Minnie Oakley?
In Annie Get Your Gun, who played Jake Oakley?
In The Sound of Music, who played Friedrich von Trapp?
In The Sound of Music, who played Louisa von Trapp?
In The Sound of Music, who played Kurt von Trapp?
In The Sound of Music, who played Brigitta von Trapp?
In The Sound of Music, who played Marta von Trapp?
In The Sound of Music, who played Gretl von Trapp?
In Oliver, who played Oliver Twist?
In Oliver, who played The Artful Dodger?
In Oliver, who played Bet?
In Bye Bye Birdie, who played Randolph MacAfee?
In Mame, who played Young Patrick?
In The Secret Garden, who played Mary Lennox?

3. The following has a total of 40 points over all. Partial credit will be given for partially correct answers.

As most of us know, the orphans in Annie are typically Caucasian. Were there ever any orphans portrayed by girls who were not Caucasian? If so, then please give me the following information:

Her Name. Her character name. Her race. Which company she was in.

When I say “company,” I want to know which of the following she was in:

Original Broadway Run
First National Tour
Second National Tour
Third National Tour
Fourth National Tour
The 20th Anniversary Broadway Revival
The 30th Anniversary Traveling Tour

I know this seems daunting but the answers for it all actually came from the internet. Also, unlike the rest of the quiz, I want to know all the girls. Not just opening night, but instead, the full runs.

4. This question is worth three points. Partial credit will be given for partially correct answers.

When doing Annie fact finding, Marissa came across the term “Swing Orphan.” Tell me what the Swing Orphan is. Also, can you name at least one (somewhat) well known actress who covered, at one point, the Swing Orphan‘s duties?

5. This question is worth 12 points. Partial credit will be given for partially correct answers.

Who are the two youngest people to have ever won a Tony Award? What were their ages? What shows did they win for? What years did they win? In what category did they win? Who did they play?

BONUS Question.

The BONUS Question is worth a grand total of 30 points. Partial credit will be given for partially correct answers.

Of the musicals mentioned in the quiz, there are two in particular that have to do with this BONUS question.

We all know that some musicals and plays are based on real life people. Somewhere in this quiz is a musical that is based on real life. This musical had a character who was a child actor/actress himself/herself. After growing up, the actor/actress went on to star in other musicals. One of these musicals is also listed on this quiz.

Tell me the child actor/actress. Tell me the name of both musicals. Tell me what role the grown up actor/actress went on to star in.

BLACKOUT

Okay, there you go. Can’t wait to see your answers.

Regarding the BONUS question. If it seems that no one is able to figure this out then after a while I’ll give more hints. You’re all smart people though and I’ll bet you can do it!!!!

A perfect score on this quiz is a score of 158 points.

8-)
Last edited by Marissa on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby the music man on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:12 pm

did you make some of these up. cause they're really hard to find!
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby ocagchick_randi on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:20 pm

wow I found alot of them in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby the music man on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:26 pm

i can't find anything about orphans being some other race besides white. is that one a trick question. cause if so it didn't fool me in to looking all over the internet in 3rd hour.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby ocagchick_randi on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:58 pm

I found alot of them in my book " 101 Best Broadway shows of all time"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe I rock
ocagchick_randi

Postby Marissa on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:08 pm

the music man wrote:i can't find anything about orphans being some other race besides white. is that one a trick question. cause if so it didn't fool me in to looking all over the internet in 3rd hour.

Due to the fact that I told you that there are 40 possible points to the Annie question should be a clue Kevin....you dear, dear boy.

Also before Randi makes everyone think that she has the book so she has more information than everyone else, remember one thing. I got none of the information on the orphans from the book. All from the internet!!!
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby ocagchick_randi on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:14 pm

muhahahaha so no I can stop looking
ocagchick_randi

Postby the music man on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:36 pm

I sent my quiz in..........Did you get it? It was in a lot of pms. sorry..............................my mom had to interupt me several times so i had to send it more than once cause i couldn't save the private message.....................sorry....................it's all my mom's fault..............blame her.............bye.
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby adam on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:59 am

the answers were due last night werent they i remember your aunt saying something like that
adam
'True Hollywood Story' Subject
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Postby the music man on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:09 pm

okay........i don't know..............bye
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:55 am

I think the Quiz Quadrant forum has officially died........hmmmmm
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby the music man on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:02 pm

actually i beg to differ....and by the way sa....when are you going to put the results to the Chldren on Broadway Quiz on this here dandy not dead forum? and did you get mine? it was in a lot of pms.............sorry about that but it's all my mom's fault......................she did it.
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby the music man on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:12 pm

cause i would really like to know......if you don't mind..........................
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby the music man on Mon May 08, 2006 12:46 pm

she didn't do the test for me or anything. She just made me get off a lot and i couldn't save the pms so i had to send them in intervals.
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby willis23man on Tue May 16, 2006 12:18 pm

what are you guys talking about?
Far cooler than thou.
willis23man

Next

Return to Quiz quadrant