A Tony Award winning quiz.

Think you know Broadway? Test your skills right here.

A Tony Award winning quiz.

Postby Marissa on Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:04 pm

********Make sure you read the topic that I put on the Board called "Some changes to the rules in the Tony Award winning quiz." It changes some of the rules to this game.*******

Hi all.

I was looking at Randi's poll earlier today when she was talking about who in OCAG would be most likely to win a Tony Award and who in OCAG would be most likely to perform on Broadway.

As I read that, I remember wondering if Tony Awards are for any live theatre or only that which is performed on Broadway. So, I got to looking stuff up on the internet and guess what???

I have made up a little Tony Award Winning Quiz for EVERYONE to take. This is an "Open Internet Quiz." Some of the answers I already knew but not all of them. However, I double checked all that I already knew on the internet as well as the others.

It's a game and so of course there must be prizes. I will award a "Leading Actor/Actress" as well as a "Featured Actor/Actress." Leading will be first place and Featured will be second. I am emailing the questions and answers to Regina so there will be no question that I am going back and changing answers or anything.

Whoever finishes first with all the correct answers wins. Whoever finishes second with all the correct answers wins the Featured award. I will give partial credit to partially correct answers. If no one gets every answer correct then I will go with whoever gets the most answers correct.

I don't think there will be any ties but stranger things have happened. I will deal with a tie when and if it gets here.

My answers are the correct answers. No arguing on these, my little babies. Post your answers here on the board so that we all can admire them.

Be long winded!! When I say "tell me about it," I want to hear ALL ABOUT IT.

All answers and questions can be found on the internet (believe me). On your mark, get set, go!!!!!

If I don't see that basically every OCAG member who has access to the Board isn't at least trying I will get very annoyed.

CURTAIN OPEN! 8-)

1. Who is the Tony Award named for? How many Tony Awards did that person win?

2. The Tony Award celebrates achievement in live American Theatre. How many equivalent awards to the Tony Award are there? Name them. What are they awards for?

3. Has anyone ever won a Tony Award as well as all of the equivalent awards? If so, name that person or persons.

4. Does a show have to be on Broadway to be eligible for Tony Awards?

5. When does a show have to be playing in order to be eligible for Tony Awards?

6. Does a show have to be currently open to be eligible for Tony Awards?

7. When talking about Tony Awards, what does a “new” play or musical mean?

8. What year was the first live American Theatre production performed on Broadway? What was the production?

9. What year was the Tony Award founded?

10. What did the Tony Awards given that first year look like? Have there been any changes to the Tony Award since then? If so, tell me about them.

11. There were 25 Tony Award categories in 2005. Name as many as you can.

12. There were 3 Tony Award Special Categories in 2005. Name as many as you can.

13. There are 8 (that Marissa knows of) Tony Award Categories that have been used in the past but not in 2005. Name as many as you can.

14. In 2006 a new Tony Award Category is being added. What it is? What does it award exactly?

15. There are no Tony Award Categories for two specific elements in the Theatre. These missing Categories have made the theatre community unhappy in the past. What are those?

16. The Producers received a record 15 Tony nominations in 2001. How many did it actually win?

17. Who was the first African American woman to win the Tony for the Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play?

18. What musical won a Tony Award for Best Musical and then was made into a film that won an Academy Award as Best Picture?

19. The 1997 revival of the musical Chicago won six Tony Awards. How many did the original production win?

20. Did Hello, Dolly! win any Tony Awards? If so, how many? What years? What categories? Who won?

21. Was Hello, Dolly! nominated for any Tony Awards that it didn’t win? If so, how many? What categories? Who was nominated?

22. The Oklahoma Children’s Acting Guild has produced Babes In Arms, Oklahoma! and Cinderella. Marissa directed Li’l Abner in Tuttle as well. Have any of these musicals won a Tony Award? Have any of them been nominated for a Tony but didn’t win? If so, tell me about them supplying the same information given above.

23. A movie version was made of Hello, Dolly! Since we’re talking about a movie we know it didn’t win any Tony Awards. However, did it win an equivalent award? If so, tell me about it.

CURTAIN CLOSED. 8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Regina on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:38 pm

Wait! Is this game only for the kids? I want to play! I won't read the e-mail, I promise!
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Marissa on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:12 pm

Regina wrote:Wait! Is this game only for the kids? I want to play! I won't read the e-mail, I promise!

Well at first I thought just kids but now I've changed my mind.

Parent's can play too!!! The winning parent will receive the OCAG Award for Best Performance by a Supporting Actor/Actress in the Tony Award Winning Quiz.

Please play. I'm getting a little sad that no one has said much about this quiz yet.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby ocagchick_randi on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:44 pm

hehehe Im DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :smile: :grin: :smile: :grin: :smile:
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:39 am

Geezze......I think the parents should have a condensed version!!!
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:15 pm

Sent mine in!

(luckily it was a slow day at work!) :lockdance:

Rhonda (who now knows more about the Tony than she did yesterday!)
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:45 pm

hehehe but i sent myne in first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i think)
ocagchick_randi

Postby VideoGamster on Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:00 pm

can somebody tell me were you put there answers???? :-? :? I'm confused
It could be the RECIPE!!!!
VideoGamster
Supporting Lead
Supporting Lead

Postby ocagchick_randi on Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:07 pm

you p.m. Marrissa
ocagchick_randi

Postby Tony on Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:40 pm

hey whats up with the tony awards everybody knows i`ll be the first member in ocag to get a tony!!!!!
Tony
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:09 pm

your on crack or something cuz I will win a tony first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Postby adam on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:36 pm

uhhhhhhhh.............okay
adam
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Postby the music man on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:40 pm

i don't know randi........this may not be the best feild of expertise for you. sorry.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby the music man on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:12 pm

(said with a Spanish accent)
I'm going to star in the movie version of the rink.
I'll probably winanother oscar.
you can present it.
Last edited by the music man on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian. . . . . .
the music man
Super Duper Star
Super Duper Star

Postby Sicky on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:13 pm

(said with a Spanish accent)

I'd sooner die...
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky