OCAG News 2-29-08

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News 2-29-08

Postby Marissa on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi all.

I have retyped the lirics that Regina found for us. I tried and tried but I couldn't find anymore of them. Snoopy!!! is not as well known as You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown and so the pickings are slim. Again I have retyped them so that they are in paragraph form (Exctept for 'Poe) and I want you to print them off and bring them with you tomorrow.

If you don't have them the next time I see you I am going to want to know why.

Here they are:
------------------------------------

World According To Snoopy
The World According To Snoopy, is big enough to go around. Four billion people plus, that's the "pop" of, till we got room for sitting on top of (sitting on top of). The world according to Snoopy can be the world you want it to. A beautiful thing to have on a string. The world he can bring to you.

-------------------------------------

Snoopy's Song
Kids: Sit up, Lie down, Roll over, Play dead. Sit up, Lie down, Roll over, Play dead. Sit up, Lie down, Roll over, Play dead.
Snoopy: Who wants to chase rabbits? Who wants to fetch sticks? Who wants to lie down, and play dead? Who wants to do tricks?
Kids: Sit up, Lie down, Roll over, Play dead.
Snoopy: Who wants to beg biscuits? That doesn't seem right. Who wants to be told that
His bark is worse than his bite? Who wants to eat dog food? It tastes like it sounds. Who wants to be one of the pack and run with the hounds? Not me! That's who! Got better things to do.
Kids: Sit up, Lie down, Roll over, Play dead. Sit up, Lie down, Roll over, Play dead.
Lucy: Why doesn't Snoopy do what you tell him, Charlie Brown? He is your dog, isn't he, Charlie Brown? And you are his master, which means he's supposed to do what you tell him. Isn't he supposed to do what you tell him? Sometimes I think he doesn't know his place. If he was my dog and didn't do what I told him you know what I'd do, Charlie Brown? Ask me what I'd do, Charlie Brown.
Charlie B: What would you do, Lucy?
Lucy: I'd trade him in for a couple of goldfish. That's what I'd do. Why don't you give some serious thought to doing exactly that? Well, why don't you answer?
Charlie B: I'm thinking.
Snoopy: He wouldn't dare.
Charlie B: I wonder what would happen if I traded him in for a cat?
Lucy: Yeah!
Snoopy: I love to chase rabbits! I love to fetch sticks! I'd gladly lay down and play dead! Who puts a roof over my head? Who butters both sides of my bread? Look kids, I'm lying, I'm lying, I'm lying, I'm dying...
Kids: Come on, let's get outta here
Charlie B: Here Snoopy
Snoopy: You called?

-----------------------------------

Hurry Up Face
Hurry up face. Make it snappy. Come on, come on fall into place. Make me happy Come on, come on. How long can I wait, face? I'm feeling the strain that you're running late, face, is as plain s the nose on my face. Can you doubt it? Come on, come on, get on my case. How's about it? Come on, come on! Show me your heart is in the right place. Come on, come on, come on! Hurry up face! Won't you please try? Try to hurry? How time has flown, years flying by and I worry I'll be alone. You're falling behind, face don't do this to me, my mirror's not blind, face it can see, that you're losing the race by a nose. So get out the lead, hurry up face, on your toes, go full speed ahead, show me your heart is in the right place. One of these days, I'll bet, you're gonna catch up yet, so, on your mark, get set…hurry up face! Give me a break.

-----------------------------------------------

Edgar Allen Poe
Lucy: Please don't let her call on me today, please! Mentally, I'm begging on me knees, please! Please, and I'll do anything you say, only, please don't let her call on me today
Peppermint Patty: She's gonna ask us something on Edgar Allen Poe.I know it, I just know, that any moment now
Sally Brown: She's gonna call on me, and ask me something I don't know
Lucy, Peppermint Patty, and Sally Brown: On Edgar Allen
Linus: Poe, Edgar Allen, American poet, born in eighteen hundred and nine
Charlie Brown: He wrote "Cock Robin" and "My Darling Clementine"
Linus: Published "Tamerlane" in eighteen twenty-seven
Lucy: If you're listening heaven, heaven, help me. Help me!
Peppermint Patty: She's gonna ask us something on Edgar Allen Poe
Lucy: Please don't let her call on me today, please
Peppermint Patty: I know it! I just know, that any moment now
Sally Brown: She's gonna call on me and ask me something I don't know
Lucy: Please, and I'll do anything you say, please
Peppermint Patty: Don't let the world find out what I don't know about
Lucy, Peppermint Patty and Sally Brown: Edgar Allen
Linus: Poe, Edgar Allen, stories and essays, Wrote "The History of the Marie Roget"
Charlie Brown: "Hiawatha" and "The Road To Mandalay"
Linus: Joined the army in the spring of twenty-seven
Lucy: Are you listening, Heaven?
Charlie Brown: Dickens' "Christmas Carol"
Lucy: Help me!
Lucy: Please, oh, please, don't let her catch my eye, try
Peppermint Patty: I know it, I just know that any moment now
Sally Brown: She's gonna call on me and ask me something I don't know
Lucy: If she calls on me today, I'll die, die
Sally Brown: I'll blow this
Peppermint Patty: Don't let the world find out
Sally Brown: I know I'll blow this
Peppermint Patty: What I don't know about
Lucy: Please! Please!
Peppermint Patty: Edgar Allen
Linus: Poe, Edgar Allen got out of the army, Married Miss Virginia Clem
Charlie Brown: He wrote "Black Sambo" and "Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean"
Linus: Died in eighteen forty-nine
Sally Brown: Tomorrow I'll be fine
Charlie Brown: "Sweet Adeline"
Linus: He invented onomatopoeia
Peppermint Patty: I know it. I just know, that any moment now
Sally Brown: She's gonna call on me, and ask me something she knows that I don't know
Charlie Brown: Robinson Crusoe and Maria
Sally Brown: She knows that I don't know
Linus and Charlie Brown: Edgar Allen, Edgar Allen
Peppermint Patty: And let the world find out, What I don't know about, Let's leave the world in doubt, What we don't know about
All: Edgar Allen
Peppermint Patty: What? Yes ma'am, the answer's five. Eight? Eighty-three? How'd it be if I spelled Mississippi? M-i-s-s-s-s-s-s-s--s-i-p-i
Linus: Poe
All: Edgar Allen Poe!

-------------------------------------------

I Know Now
I know now that you can't bend a cracker, no matter how hard you try. You may try. I know now that your body isn't leaking when you cry. When you cry. I know now that a smile makes a lousy umbrella .
Snoopy: Hoooowww!!!!
"Snoopy, go home!!!" I know now we should not try to sing a capella. I know now that you can't trust a daisy, they blab every chance they get. I know now it's impossible to rain a violet. I know now that the price of a thought is a penny. I know now why the kids never sold very many, If any. I know now that you can't bounce a snowball. You can, but not very high. Just think of it gee, how great it would be, if I could go back somehow and have my life to live over knowing what I know now. I know now that you can't ring a bluebell. Well, not loud enough to hear. I know now that a weeping willow never sheds a tear. I know now that you can't trade a bike for a brother. I know now that you can't ever win with your mother, or father, further. I know now that you can't pack your troubles in any kit bag that's made. Just think of it gee, how great it would be, if I could go back somehow and have my life to live over, knowing what I know, knowing what I know, knowing what I know now. I know now that you can't lace a shoefly. You can't live on bubblegum. I know now that I'll never learn to spell chrysanthemum. I know now that you can't buy a bike for a dollar. I know now that you can't fit a flea with a collar ("hee get it, Sally?") I know now that you can't milk a cowslip. You can, but it takes know how. Just think of it gee, how great it would be, if I could go back somehow. And have my life to live over, knowing what I know, knowing what I know, knowing what I know now!

--------------------------

The Vigil
Linus: I'll give him 7 minutes. That's all I'm gonna wait. It's 7:53 now I'll give him until 8. Exactly 7 minutes that's all I'm waiting for and not one single solitary minute more. "Here we are Snoopy, sitting in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin. Every Halloween night, the Great Pumpkin flies through the air with his bag of toys. And just think, if you and I sit here all night, we may get to see him! I really appreciate you sitting out here with me, Snoopy. I must admit, however, I've been wondering why you're wearing those dark glasses."
Snoopy: "There are certain times when you prefer not to be recognized."
Linus: I'll wait a half an hour. A half an hour's fair. But after that I'm leaving. I mean it, I don't care. That's 23 more minutes. Then if he doesn't show, I'm absolutely positively gonna go. "Of course I realize that at times you must feel discouraged because more people believe in Santa Claus than in you. But let's face it, Santa Claus has more publicity!" It's practically 8:30. I think I'll wait 'til 10 but 10 o'clock's my limit. If he's not here by then. I'll give him 'til 11. Alright, 11:09 but 11:09 is really where I draw the line. Of course he may be flying and the frost is on the pumpkin and the fog is getting heavy so he may be flying blind. One pumpkin patch looks an awful lot like any other and this particular patch maybe hard to find. Or maybe he's in some kind of holding pattern over Newark or he's had to make a forced landing in Minnesota. I'll give him until midnight I've waited here this long. Another 50 minutes how far could I go wrong by giving him 'til midnight as long as I'm still here? My nose is numb, I think I caught a chill. If he doesn't come and I don't think he will I'll never wait for him again.
Kid: "May I ask you something? Did the great squash ever show up?"
Linus: "It's Pumpkin!" I'll never wait for him again until next year.

--------------------------------------

Where Did That Little Dog Go?
When I had my choice of a cat or a dog, why did I opt for the latter, a dog? But he was different then. He was different when he was, well, small. He even used to come when I would call, Snoopy, Snoopy. Here, Snoopy! Snoopy. Where did that little dog go? Only a moment ago, he was there, jumping in my arms, eating from my hand, I don’t understand. Where did that little dog go? He’s not the puppy I know. Soft and warm, tugging at my sleeve, begging me to play, wait it yesterday? He was Snoopy, little Snoopy. So dependent on me for so much of his laughter, why can’t before be just like after? What was his hurry to grow? Grow up and worry me so? It’s not far, Snoopy, don’t you see, growing up to be someone else who doesn’t need me.

------------------------------------------

Daisy Hill
There is a place where I was wanted, valued, appreciated, loved, treated like I was a Four-hundred dollar fancy French poodle. You know, sometimes I miss that place The o-l-d puppy farm. Daisy Hill, will you still take me back? Got nothing to pack. Got no one to leave behind me who'd try to find me. Daisy Hill, had my fill of outside can’t live on my pride; I've tried, but it's hard to swallow. I'm just a hollow shell. Just paper-mache. This dog's had his day. I just wanna lay around all day. Like old Doc Traley, and be lazy. Gotta find a way back to...Daisy Hill, what a thrill I'd be to look up and see your wide open door and greet each whippoorwill, smell each daffodil that grow on Daisy Hill, once more. Man what a day! People have been yellin' at me ever since I got up this morning. Sit up, lie down, roll over, play dead! I'm gettin' too old for that. When you're distraught there's nothin' that will relax more than lyin' with your head in your water bowl. And greet each whippoorwill. Smell each daffodil. That grows on Daisy Hill once more. Ahh! (Sigh).

--------------------------------------

Great Writer
Snoopy: Maybe they're trying to tell me something. Maybe they're trying to tell me the short story form is unworthy of my talent. Maybe they're trying to tell me I should attempt, the novel! Why not? I have the time. I got the talent. I got the typewriter. I got the plot! I - t, it. Sometimes we writers take hours finding exactly the right word. It, it, it, it. It was a dark and stormy morning. Packed, flat, trite! It was a dark and stormy evening. It was a dark and stormy night. Night, right! When suddenly a shot was heard…a shot was fired. When suddenly a shot rang out! Rang out! Inspired! The door slammed the maid screamed; that's building suspense. When suddenly a pirate ship appears on the horizon. Appears? Appeared…Past tense! While millions of people are starving, while millions of people are starving, while millions of people are starving. What? Food! The King lived in luxury. Now to thicken the plot. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas a boy was growing up. Masterful ol' pup. Brillantly done, you son of a gun, writing is fun! End of part one. I'll tie all this together later in part two. What's that wonderful smell? Don’t tell me, let me guess. Smells like money dipped in honey. Yes, the smell of success. Take a good whiff, take a good sniff. Baby, you're long past due. Fame and fortune, fortune and fame and now, for part two. A light snow was falling and the little girl…small, no, little, no, small, no, the little girl…ah, with the tattered shawl, had not sold a flower all day. Ah, should she be selling matcher? No, flowers. A violet let's say. She had not sold a violet all day. At that very moment a young intern was making an important discovery. The mysterious patient in room 23 had suddenly awakened. She moaned softly. Could it be that she was the sister of the boy in Kansas, who loved the girl with the tattered shawl, who was the daughter of the maid who had escaped from the pirates the intern fr4owned…That has a good ring. Just see how neatly it all fits together.
Kid: What about the King?
Snoopy: Stampede, the foreman shouted and forty thousand head of cattle up and down the tiny ramp two men rolled on the ground rattling beneath the murderous hooves, a left, and a right, and a left, and another left, and right. Isn't this exciting? An upper cut to the jaw. The fight was over and so the ranch was saved. There's that wonderful smell called
Eau de happiness. Smells like money. Dipped in honey. Yes, the smell of success. Take a good whiff, take a good sniff. Why stop at one, be rude! Fame and fortune, fortune and fame and now to conclude...The young intern, sat by himself in the corner of the coffee shop. Now, zing in the moral old friend! He had learned about medicine. But, more important is…he had learned about life! The, the, the, the, the, the end!

------------------------------

Poor Sweet Baby
Poor sweet baby. Poor, poor, sweet, sweet baby. Show me where it hurts, I'll show you how to make it well. I've won lots of loving cups for playing show and tell. My poor, sweet baby. Poor, poor, sweet, sweet baby. When you need a shoulder come and try mine on for size. I'm real good at holding hands and really great at drying eyes. Just try me. Cry me all your tears. Why deny me the pleasure of dryin' em? Stoppin' you cryin' em. Don't despair for smiles are what I'm there for. You won't have to look for me, I'll always be right near, near to kiss and cuddle you and whisper in your little ear. Don't fear! There, there, baby. Poor, sweet baby. Poor, sweet baby, mama's here.

----------------------------------

Everything You Can Be
Don't be a leaf if you can be the tree. Don't be a raindrop if you can be the sea. For a leaf may fall but the tree remains. It may never rain at all but the sea remains. Better to be the tree and the sea. See? Don't be a cloud if you can be the sky. Don't be a feather be a bird and fly. Clouds roll by but the sky rolls on and a bird can fly with a feather gone. Be a bird and the sky and a tree and the deep blue sea. Don't be anything less than everything you can be. Don't be a sail if you can be the boat. Don't be the lining if you can be the coat. It may lose its sail but a boat will float. A coat without a lining is still a coat. Better to be the boat and the coat. "Quote," don't be the stick if you can be the drum. Don’t be the sugar be the plum by gum. You can break a stick but the drum will beat. Without a sugarcoat plums are good to eat. Better to be the drum and the plum and the coat and the boat and the bird and the sky and the tree and the deep blue sea. Don't be anything less than everything you can be. Don't be the moo if you can be the cow. Don't be the furrow if you can be the plow. 'Cuz you can't get milk from a moo, no way. A furrow's in a rut but a plow's ok. Better to be the cow and the plow. Now, don't be the sting if you can be the bee. Don't be the 2 if you can be a 3, 'cuz a sting can't make you a honeybun. Take 2 from 3 and you still got 1. Better to be the 3 and the bee and the cow and the plow and the drum and the plum and a coat boat bird sky tree and the deep blue sea! Don't be anything less than everything you can be. Don't be the string if you can be the kite. Don't be the darkness if you can be the light. If you lose the string you can fly a kite but would anybody ever fly a kite at night? Better to be the kite and the light, right? Don't be the tail if you can be the dog. Don't be the bump if you can be the log. He can wag his tail but he can't wag he. A bump without a log isn't much to be. Better to be the dog and the log and the kite and the light and the tree and bee and the cow and the plow and the drum and the plum and the coat and the boat and the bird and the sky and the tree and the deep blue sea. Don't be anything less than everything you can be!

--------------------------------------------

Big Bow Wow
I’m gonna be the big Bow Wow, what’ll they see the old dog now, stealin’ the show, my mom wouldn’t know her pup! I’m gonna be a V.I.P., hey, look at me a V.I.P., thoroughbred sort, a very important pup! Three, no! Two, no! I`m numero uno! Are they ready for you know who? I‘m gonna be the big Bow Wow, you`re gonna see `em all cow tow, name on my door, rug on my floor and how! And now no longer `hey step aside runt,` flashin` the profile from side front, now I‘m the big Bow Wow! Class, yes! Style, yes! Out front by a mile, yes! Look me up in the new Who’s Who! Gonna be hearing from Snoopy, pardon, my beagle, but whoopee! Now I‘m the big Bow Wow. Bigger than Rin-Tin-Tin and Lassie, bigger than Benji, twice as classy. Let `em eat steak, it’s time that I take my bow; Sandy can throw in the towel, Snoopy it’s your night to howl. Now I’m the big Bow Wow!!

----------------------------------

Just One Person
If just one person believes in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...hard enough, and long enough, before you knew it, someone else will think, "If he can do it, I can do it." Making it two. Two whole people, who believe in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believe in you. Hard enough and long enough there's bound to be some other person who believes in making it a threesome, making it three...people you can say: believe in me...and if three whole people, why not four? And if four whole people, why not more, and more, and more...and when all those people, believe in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believe in you...hard enough, and long enough, it stands to reason that you yourself will start to see what everybody sees in you...and maybe even you, (maybe even you) can believe in you... too!

:linus:
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director