OCAG News 12-21-07. IMPORTANT CHANGES. Read it all please.

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News 12-21-07. IMPORTANT CHANGES. Read it all please.

Postby Marissa on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi all.

Things to be discussed in this posting:

1. A small change on the rehearsal schedule.

2. A large change on where we are going to be rehearsing.

3. Costumes left at Regina’s apartment.

4. Small changes for tomorrow’s rehearsal (Saturday, 12-21-07)

5. Food and drink that needs to be kept cool during rehearsals.

6. Shirts for Sound Of Music numbers.

7. Shoes being dyed green.

8. Footwear during the performance and cowboy hat sizes.

1. We are going to be starting 30 minutes later on ONE rehearsal. Instead of 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm on Friday, December 28th, we will rehearse from 6 pm to 8:30 pm. THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE. EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME. I'm going to go ahead and put the schedule here again though, just in case.

Saturday 12-22-07.…..9 am to 5 pm
Sunday 12-23-07.…..1 pm to 5 pm
Monday 12-24-07.…..Christmas Eve, No rehearsal.
Tuesday 12-25-07.…..Christmas Day, No rehearsal.
Wednesday 12-26-07.…..5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Thursday 12-27-07.…..5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Friday 12-28-07.…..6 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday 12-29-07.…..9 am to 5 pm
Sunday 12-30-07.…..1 pm to 5 pm
Monday 12-31-07.…..TBA

2. FROM NOW ON, WE WILL BE REHEARSING AT THE TUTTLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CAFETORIUM. I know that most of you know how to get there, but not everyone does and so I'm going to tell you right now.

If you’re coming to Tuttle from the West, you’ll continue on Highway 37 past Regina's house. You’re looking for SW 1st Street. If you hit the stop light on Cimmaron Road (AKA Jason White Blvd) then you’ve gone to far. Turn South (right) onto SW 1st Street. You will have just passed the side of the First Baptist Church of Tuttle (on your right). After you make the turn you’ll be driving past the front side of the Church (on your right). You’ll drive through W. Bond. The next “cross” street you’ll see will be W. Maple to the East (left) of you. It’s not really a cross street because it doesn’t cross SW 1st Street. To you right you will see that there is a large brownish colored building. It doesn’t say Tuttle Elementary or anything because it’s actually the back of the school. Take the right and drive on up into the parking area of the building. The driveway is right where the rest of Maple would been. One of the doors should be open (maybe not all the way open but I’ll put a brick or something there so you’ll be able to tell it’s open) and I’m planning on getting there early. If anyone has problems call me at my cell phone 405-313-2287.

If you’re coming to Tuttle from the East, you’ll continue on Highway 37 like always. You’ll pass the football field and then go through the stop light at Cimmaron Road (AKA Jason White Blvd). The very next street is SW 1st Street. Turn South (left) onto SW 1st Street. You’ll notice that you are driving past the front of the First Baptist Church of Tuttle (on our right). You’ll drive through W. Bond. The next “cross” street you’ll see will be W. Maple to the East (left) of you. It’s not really a cross street because it doesn’t cross SW 1st Street. To you right you will see that there is a large brownish colored building. It doesn’t say Tuttle Elementary or anything because it’s actually the back of the school. Take the right and drive on up into the parking area of the building. The driveway is right where the rest of Maple would been. One of the doors should be open (maybe not all the way open but I’ll put a brick or something there so you’ll be able to tell it’s open) and I’m planning on getting there early. If anyone has problems call me at my cell phone 405-313-2287.

3. Regina is going to leave her apartment unlocked so you can go and get any costumes that you left there.

4. As you know (because everyone has a schedule) we are rehearsing tomorrow (Saturday, 12-22-07) from 9 am to 5 pm. I need the entire cast there at 9 am. From 9 am to noon we are going to finish learning We Go Together and then (if there is time) we’ll go back and work on numbers we already know but haven’t been practiced. At noon, Ben, Bennett, Chris and Idalis may leave. From noon until 5 pm we will be working Book Of Days and only cast members who are in that number (Bailey, Brittany, Krislyn, Lenora, Tia, Antonio, Gary, Kevin and Zach) will need to stay until 5 pm.

Those four who are leaving at noon, please go ahead and bring a snack and something to keep you busy when you’re not working. Three hours is a long time to not even have a snack or a book or something.

5. We will NOT have access to a refrigerator so, if you have food that needs to stay cold bring it in a cooler.

6. Because I was foolish and didn’t write down the colors of shirts that people have for The Sound Of Music section, I need everyone who brought them last night to bring them again tomorrow. This time I’ll write them down. There were four or five of you who brought shirts and I can only remember one. However, I will be able to remember once I see the person with the shirt so those who brought them last night will still get to have that color.

Remember the shirts need to have buttons on them and be LONG SLEEVED.

7. Antonio’s mother has been very kind and has said that she will get the shoes that people bring up to be dyed. So far, only Bailey has brought her shoes. You must provide me with your shoes to be dyed no later than Sunday, December 22, 2007. Yes, I mean Sunday. The day after tomorrow. If you don’t get them to me by then you’ll have to dye them yourselves.

8. You CAN NOT wear just socks during any of the numbers. Last year someone ran short of time and had to do Hard Knock Life in just her tights. During the number she did a flip and then proceeded to slip and fall when her foot hit the floor. So, it’s barefoot or with shoes on that stage.

Girls, remember when you buy character shoes you must buy the ones with just one strap. DO NOT BUY THE ONES WITH A T-STRAP. If you do buy ones with a t-strap I won’t let you wear them on stage. No discussion on that. It’s just not gonna happen.

Boys I need to know what size your hat size is. If nothing else, take a tape measure and wrap it around your head and tell me what the measurements are. I can't order the hats until I know the sizes. Please let me know ASAP!!!

Okay, I think that’s it for now. Any questions please call or email me and I’ll see everyone tomorrow (12-21-07) at 9 am.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director