OCAG News - 12-16-07

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News - 12-16-07

Postby Marissa on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:11 am

Hi all.

It’s long. You won’t want to read it all but you must. So please do so.

Well, after over 154 ½ hours I finally have electricity in my house again. Lets hope it stays on.

Okay, with a lot of work from Regina and Krislyn I now have a costume list in the works. It's almost midnight right now and so I'm not going to get it out to you tonight. I will have it to you some time tomorrow. It will probably be after 5 pm but if nothing else, at least you'll have it first thing in the morning on Tuesday.

At this point you have been taught almost all of the show. Those of you in the dance Book Of Days haven't got all of it yet. You still have to learn Auld Lang Syne, three of you have to learn the words to We Go Together (from Grease) and two of you still need the words to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. Auld Lang Syne will be sung just while standing. Everyone except Idalis, Bailey and Bennett know the words to We Go Together and everyone except Idalis, Bailey and Bennett sort of know the dance, but the dance will change somewhat because there are different people (as well as a different amount of people) in it. I know that all girls learned the dance to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy a week ago Saturday.

Lyrics to Auld Lang Syne, We Go Together and Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy are below.

Print them off and bring them to rehearsal on Thursday.

We WILL NOT be rehearsing at my mother's home in Tuttle. We will practice at Regina's house in the little apartment connected to her home.

Here is the rehearsal schedule for the rest of this month. Let me know conflicts ASAP. People who aren't at rehearsal will stand the chance of not being in a number or (if nothing else) find themselves on the last row of the dance with no solos. I can't help it. We are getting to close to the show to mess around.

Also guys, it's time to put OCAG first. I know there are sport practices and work and holiday things but it's time to put us first. I don't ask for OCAG to be first on your minds and lists very much of the time but now IS the time.

Thursday 12-20-07.…..6 pm to 8 pm
Friday 12-21-07.…..No rehearsal.
Saturday 12-22-07.…..9 am to 5 pm
Sunday 12-23-07.…..1 pm to 5 pm
Monday 12-24-07.…..Christmas Eve, No rehearsal.
Tuesday 12-25-07.…..Christmas Day, No rehearsal.
Wednesday 12-26-07.…..5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Thursday 12-27-07.…..5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Friday 12-28-07.…..5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday 12-29-07.…..9 am to 5 pm
Sunday 12-30-07.…..1 pm to 5 pm
Monday 12-31-07.…..TBA

Eight more scheduled rehearsals. That’s not that much. I have TBA on the 31st because if you still haven’t gotten it after rehearsal on the 30th we’ll have to practice before the show on the 31st. No one wants to less than I do but we have to do what we have to do.

Also, you have to have all lyrics memorized by our next rehearsal on Thursday (12-20-07). I will let Auld Lang Syne (for all of you), We Go Together (for Bailey, Idalis and Bennett) and Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (for Bailey and Idalis) slide since you don’t have the tunes yet but you must know everything else. If you don’t then I will either take whatever solo you have in the song away from you, or I’ll put you out of the number all together. I don’t want to be mean but we’re a professional group and I won’t do a show with unprofessional people.

I plan to have a CD with all the music on it for you on Thursday. Bring a dollar or a blank CD to exchange.

Below is the show. It’s not in any particular order yet. I did it by memory so sorry if I’ve left something off. If you read it and see that I’ve left something off then please tell me. Also, if what I have selected for us to do is not a 2 hour long
show then I will add solos here and there.

Oklahoma!

Oklahoma
Many A New Day
It’s A Scandal, It’s An Outrage

The Sound Of Music
My Favorite Things
Do-Re-Mi
So Long, Farewell

Annie
Hard Knock Life

Wiz - Wicked
The Wiz
Loathing
One Short Day

West Side Story
America

Newsies
King Of New York

South Pacific
Nothing Like A Dame

Grease
We Go Together

Godspell
All For The Best

Miscellaneous
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
Yankee Doodle Boy
Book Of Days
Auld Lang Syne

Here are the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne:

Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should old acquaintance be forgot, and the days of auld lang syne?

For the days of auld lang syne, my dear, for the days of auld lang syne, we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet, for the days of auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup! And surely I’ll buy mine! We’ll take a cup of kindness yet, for the days of auld lang syne.

For the days of auld lang syne, my dear, for the days of auld lang syne, we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet, for the days of auld lang syne.

We all have run about the slopes, and picked the daisies fine; we’ve wandered many weary feet, since the days of auld lang syne.

We all have paddled in the stream, from morning sun till dine but seas between us broad have roared since the days of auld lang syne.

And there’s a hand my trusty friend! And give me your hand thine! We’ll have a good will drink we will for the days of auld lang syne.

Here are the lyrics to We Go Together:

We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong. Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom. Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be waooo, yeah.

We're one of a kind like dip da dip da dip do whap de dobby do. Our names are signed like boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby shoo wap shoo wap. Chang chang changity chang shoo bop, we'll always be like one Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-one.

When we go out a night (oh oh). And stars are shining bright (oh, oh) up in the skies above. Or at the high school dance, where you can find romance maybe it might be oh, oh, oh, oh, oh oh, oh.

Ramma lamma lamma ka dingity ding da dong. Shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yippity boom da boom. Chang chang changity chang shoo bop. Yip da dip da dip shoo bop sha dooby do. Boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby sho wap sho wap. Sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do. Ramma lamma lamma ka dingity ding da dong. Shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yippity boom sha boom. Chang chang changity chang shoo bop. Yip da dip da dip shoo bopp sha dooby do. Boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby sho wap sho wap. Sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do. A womp bop a looma a womp bam boom.

We're for each other like womp bop a looma a womp bam boom. Just like my brother is sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do. Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be together. Waooo Yeah!

We'll always be together. We'll always be together. We'll always be together. We'll always be together. We'll always be together. We'll always be together. We'll always be together.

Here are the lyrics to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy:

He was a famous trumpet man from out Chicago way. He had a boogie style that no one else could play. He was the top man at his craft, but then his number came up and he was gone with the draft.

He’s in the army now. he’s blowin’ reveille. He’s the boogie woogie bugle boy of company B.

They made him blow a bugle for his uncle Sam. It really brought him down because he could not jam. The captain seemed to understand, because the next day the cap’ went out and drafted the band. And now the company jumps when he plays reveille. He’s the boogie woogie bugle boy of company B.

A root, a toot, a toodlie-a-da-toot. He blows it eight to the bar in boogie rhythm. He can’t blow a note unless a bass and guitar is playin’ with him. And the company jumps when he plays reveille. He’s the boogie woogie bugle boy of company B.

He was some boogie woogie bugle boy of company B. And when he played his boogie woogie bugle he was busy as a busy bee.

And when he played he made the company jump eight to the bar.

He’s the boogie woogie bugle boy of company B.

And ata toodliata-toodliata toot toot he blows it eight to the bar.

He can’t blow a note if a bass and guitar isn’t with him. And the company jumps when he plays reveille. He’s the boogie woogie bugle boy of company B.

He puts the boys to sleep with boogie every night, and wakes ’em up the same way in the early bright. They clap their hands and stamp their feet, ’cause they know how it goes when someone gives him a beat. Woah, woah, he wakes ’em up when he plays reveille. The boogie woogie bugle boy of company B.

A root, a toot, a toodli-a-da to toot toot toot he’s blowin’ eight to the bar. Yeah, he can’t blow a note if a bass and guitar isn’t, woah, with him. And the company jumps when he plays reveille. He’s the boogie woogie bugle boy of company B.

PRINT THESE OFF!!!!

Okay. See everyone at 6 pm on Thursday (12-20-07) at Regina‘s.

Oh, we’re also going back to the fun rule of taking away solo lines if you’re late to rehearsal without letting me know ahead of time. Just think how happy everyone else will be to get new solos because the original owner of the solo was late.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director