OCAG News / Friday, October 26, 2007

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News / Friday, October 26, 2007

Postby Marissa on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:02 am

Hi all.

First of all, remember we are having a final dress rehearsal at my mother's house on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2007. In other words, this coming Sunday (the same day we are doing the show).

The rehearsal at my mother's house will be from 1 pm to 2 pm. At this point I don't know if I'm going to be able to attend or not. I'm really going to try but it's anyone's guess what kind of physical condition I'll be in Sunday.

Remember, this last rehearsal is the same day we are performing.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as condescending. It's just that I don't usually miss rehearsals and certainly not final rehearsals and the idea that I might not even make it to the performance is enough to just about kill me.

The place where we are going to be performing is at the Shartel Church of God. We are performing for their Oklahoma Centennial Fall Festival.

The address and telephone number is:

Shartel Church
11600 S. Western
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
405-691-1216

If you type that into any kind of mapquest or google maps or yahoo maps you should have no trouble finding it. Although it's officially in Oklahoma City, it is very close to Moore.

Ben, if you're looking for your hat and kerchief don't panic. You left them at my mother's. I left them beside the chair that I set in, in the living room. Several other people left their costumes at the house and that's fine.

The festival will have free BBQ and games and prizes and who knows what else. It's from 6 pm to 8 pm. We are performing at 7:30 pm. All performers and all their family members are quite welcome to come as early at 6 pm. You MUST be there by 7 pm.

DON'T come to the festival wearing your costumes. If you notice above I wrote that there will be BBQ. They will not respect performers who have BBQ stains down their costumes.

If I am there then I will round everyone up by 7 pm to change and get ready and have magic circle.

If I am not there (and I'm really, really, really going to try to be) then Regina is in charge with Krislyn as her assistant. They will start rounding you up by 7 pm.

Once you are ready to perform, Regina will lead magic circle. Please take it as seriously as you do when I am there and please remember that we are only as strong as our weakest link.

Regina and Krislyn, our contact person is named Jon Rehbein. He is the associate pastor of the church and his cell phone number is 405-414-0170. Upon entering the building it would probably be a good idea to hunt him down. I will TRY to remember to call him before Friday afternoon but I might not remember.

In case of an emergency, Regina's home phone number is 405-381-3663. Her cell phone number is 405-371-2173. Krislyn's home number is 405-381-4137.

Well that's it. Remember to smile and to sing loud! These are three great numbers and your audience will like them a lot more if they can understand what you are saying. You do them wonderfully. I know that the audience is going to love you.

I hope to see you Sunday but if I don't, you'll be on my mind like crazy.

Even if I'm not there, make me proud.

I love you guys.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director