OCAG News / Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News / Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Postby Marissa on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi all.

I'm sorry that I didn't get this email sent out earlier but things have been kind of rough lately and so I'm not sending it out until today.

Tomorrow's rehearsal (10-25-07) will need to be a dress rehearsal. This should be no problem for anyone except for Idalis and Bailey.

Bring your complete Oklahoma costumes with you tomorrow. To practice the flips we are going to have to do part of the rehearsal outside. Because of the time of year we are not going to have much light after 6:30 pm. So, you don't have to come dressed but do come on time and be ready to change and start as soon as you arrive.

I have someone's pantaloons in my garage and I'll bring them along.
I plan to have the costumes that Idalis and Bailey are going to be able to use tomorrow as well.

The only things that Idalis and Bailey are going to have to bring themselves are their tights and their shoes.

For all the information you could ever want regarding the shoes that girl OCAG members have to have is at this link (it's a link to a certain page in the Forum):

http://www.oklahomachildrensactingguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8579#8579

For some reason I couldn't actually get it to link from the Forum to the Forum so cut and paste the link into your search engine.

Yep, it's long but it's very informative so read all of it. For right now, you don't have to worry about the character shoes (although all girls will need these shoes for Opening Night and so you might take a quick look) what you're looking for are the black Soft-Soled Shoes. I went in and made sure that the links are all up to date.

Don't buy these shoes online. Buy them at a Show Biz Dancewear Boutique (you can see the I've provided the phone numbers and addresses) or buy them at a "dance school."

On the list of tights. For our show on Sunday the girls only need ONE PAIR OF BLACK TIGHTS (not panty hose they have to be tights - you can get them at the Show Biz Dancewear Boutiques when you get the shoes). For opening night they will need the four pairs of tights but NOT FOR THE THING ON THE 28TH.

Okay. That's it. I know that Idalis and Bailey have very short notice on the shoes and the tights and so I won't come unglued if they don't have them tomorrow but please try. The black Soft-Soled Shoes and one pair of black tights will not be hard to find.

Okay. See everyone tomorrow at 6:30 pm at my mother's home in Tuttle.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director