OCAG News / Thursday, October 4, 2007

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News / Thursday, October 4, 2007

Postby Marissa on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi.

I know that most of you already have the music for the songs we are doing for the Shartle Church Oklahoma Centennila Fall Festival and should have the music.

The exceptions would be Bailey and Idalis. So girls I'm bringing you each a CD tonight. If you want your CD then slip me a dollar and I'll slip you the CD.

Second almost everyone already knows the lyrics to these songs too but just in case, here they are:

It's a scandal, it's an outrage!

Solo: Trapped!
Solo: Tricked!
Solo: Hoodwinked!
All boys: Ambushed!

Solo: Friend, what's on your mind?
Solo: Why do you walk around and around?
Solo: With your hands folded behind?
Solo: And your chin scraping the ground?

Solo: Twenty minutes ago I am free like the breeze. Free like a bird in the woodland wild. Free like a gypsy, free like a child. Hey, I'm unattached!

Solo: Twenty minutes ago I can do what I please. Flick my cigar ashes on a rug. Dunk with a donut, drink from a jug, hey, I'm a happy man!
Solo: I'm minding my own business like I oughta. Ain't meaning any harm to anyone. I'm talking to a certain farmer's daughter…..and then, I'm looking down the muzzle of a gun!

All boys: It's getting so you can't have any fun! Every daughter has a father with a gun!
Solo: A big gun!

All boys: It's a scandal, it's an outrage! How a gal gets a husband today!

Solo: If you make one mistake when the moon is bright then they tie you to a contract so you make it every night!

All boys: It's a scandal, it's an outrage! When her family surround you and say:

Solo: You gotta take and make an honest women outta Nell! To make you make her honest, she will lie real well!

All boys: It's a scandal, it's an outrage! On our manhood, it's a blot! Where is the leader who will save us and be the first man to be shot?

Solo: Who me?
All other boys: Yes you!
Solo: Get out of here!
All boys: It's a scandal, it's an outrage! Just a wink and a kiss and you're through!

Solo: It’s a mess and in less than a year, by heck! There's a baby on your shoulder making bubbles on your neck!

All boys: It's a scandal, it's an outrage! Any farmer will tell you it's true.

Solo: A rooster in a chicken coop is better off then men. He ain't the special property of just one hen!

All boys: It's a scandal, it's an outrage! It's a problem we must solve! We gotta start a revolution!

Girls: All right then boys, revolve!

Many a New Day

Why should a woman who is healthy and strong blubber like a baby if her man goes away? A weeping and a whaling that he's done her wrong. That's one thing you'll never hear me say! Never gonna think that the man I lose is the only man among men! I'll snap my fingers to show I don't care. I'll buy me a brand new dress to wear. I'll scrub my neck and I’ll brush my hair and start all over again! Many a new face will please my eye. Many a new love will find me. Never have I once looked back to sigh. Over the romance behind me. Many a new day will dawn before I do! Many a like lad may kiss and fly. A kiss gone by is bygone. Never have I asked an August sky, "Where has last July gone?" Never have I wandered through the rye, wondering "where has some guy gone?" Many a new day will dawn before I do! Many a new face will please my eye. Many a new love will find me. Never have I once looked back to sigh. Over the romance behind me. Many a new day will dawn before I do! Never have I chased a honeybee who carelessly cajoled me. Somebody else just as sweet as he, cheered me and consoled me. Never have I wept into my tea over the deal someone doled me. Many a new day will dawn. Many a red sun will set. Many a blue moon will shine before I do!

Oklahoma

Solo: They couldn't pick a better time to start in life.
Solo: It ain't too early and it ain't too late.
Solo: Starting as a farmer with a brand new wife.

Solo: Soon be living in a brand new state.
All: Brand new state, gonna treat you great!

Solo: Gonna give you barley.
Solo: Carrots and pertaters.

Solo: Pasture for the cattle.
Solo: Spinach and termayters!
Solo: Flowers on the prairie where the June bugs zoom.
Solo: Plenty of air and plenty of room.
Solo: Plenty of room to swing a rope!

All: Plenty of heart and plenty of hope. Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain and the waving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain. Oklahoma, every night my honey lamb and I. Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk, making lazy circles in the sky. We know we belong to a land and the land we belong to is grand! And when we say Yeeow! Ayipioeeay! We're only saying, you're doing fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma O.K. Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain and the waving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain. Oklahoma, every night my honey lamb and I. Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk, making lazy circles in the sky. We know we belong to a land and the land we belong to is grand (yippy I, yippy I, yippy I, yippy I, yippy I, yippy I). And when we say Yeeow! Ayipioeeay! We're only saying, you're doing fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma O.K. Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma! We know we belong to a land and the land we belong to is grand! And when we say Yeeow! Ayipioeeay! We're only saying, you're doing fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma O - K - L - A - H - O - M - A! Oklahoma! Yeeow!

Okay, there you go.

I'll see everyone tonight from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at my mother's home.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director