OCAG News September 30, 2007 / Part Three (most important).

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News September 30, 2007 / Part Three (most important).

Postby Marissa on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Okay all.

Here is what we are going to do.

We are going to continue with rehearsals for the month of October on Thursdays.

We are setting them later though. They will be from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.

We are performing for the Shartel Church Oklahoma Centennial Fall Festival on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2007. The Festival is from 6 pm to 8 pm (I will need you to be available from 5 pm to 8:30 pm). They want us to do things from Oklahoma! only. We don't know yet what time they want us to perform but I have a feeling it will only be two or three songs at most.

We will do Oklahoma if they only want one. We will do It's a Scandal, It's an Outrage and Oklahoma if they want two. We will do Many a New Day, It's a Scandal, It's an Outrage and Oklahoma if they want three.

They are going to feed all of us free BBQ (including parents and siblings) plus they are going to try to make a small donation and we will use that to help produce Snoopy!!!

I know that Fall Break falls over October but a lot of us are already making sacrifices for this show (Ben is missing part of his soccer practice, Gary is missing part of his football practice, Krislyn is skipping some of her college classes) and so it's just something that we are going to have to work through.

Those of you who already know these songs and dances, congratulations. Those who don't, get ready to learn and get ready to learn fast.

Now. This will take us through October.

In November and December we will continue to rehearse on Thursday and we will also have to rehearse on Saturday mornings. The Saturday's will be early (8 am to 10 am).

We were INVITED to do Opening Night for New Years Eve again and this is a very big deal. People have to audition to do Opening Night. We did last year as a matter of fact. Because of certain problems we didn't even send in an application and when Regina called them they told her that it was too late for most people but because they wanted the Guild to perform so bad, they saved two spots for us in the hopes that we would agree to perform. This is a huge compliment, people. So, instead of the 45 minute show we did last year, this year we will do a two hour one and although we'll do some old stuff we're going to have to add new stuff as well. We are going to have to learn fast. This is why we will work twice a week every week. Thanksgiving and Christmas are during this time but again, we're going to have to make some sacrifices. We won't rehearse on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day but we also can't afford to have long OCAG vacations during this time.

We will start Snoopy!!! after New Years.

Okay. There you go. Let me know conflicts, NOW.

From my count, the performers for the Shartel Church Oklahoma Centennial Fall Festival will be:

Antonio
Bailey
Ben
Bennett
Chris
Gary

Idalis
Kevin
Krislyn
Lenora
Payton
Tia
Tina

Zach

If your name is on here and it shouldn't be, let me know NOW!

Okay. See everyone Thursday from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director