OCAG News 5-16-7

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News 5-16-7

Postby Marissa on Wed May 16, 2007 2:04 am

Hi all.

We're doing tomorrow night a little differently. I have made arrangements for Brittany to come up at 5 pm to work on some of her music with me. Neyland should arrive around 6 pm and he and Brittany will work for about 30 minutes. I'd like for Kevin, Gary and Zach to get there at 6:30 pm to work on Book Report.

If you aren't Brittany, Kevin, Gary or Zach you don't have to get to rehearsal until 7 pm but when you get there get ready to work. If we could just go through the show as it should be then I would hope to be done before 9 pm.

One thing parents, I understand that you all want to get the kids home and in bed as soon as possible. I know that there are those who think I'm too much of a perfectionist. That's not the problem in this case. If the way a kid is singing a song makes me consider cutting the song just because it sounds so bad that's just a waste. If I need your kid longer that you think they should be there well....come and tell me. And I'll be happy to tell you everything the kid did in the song and ask if it's the way you want them to perform.

Okay. I'm getting really tired so I'm going to close before I sound loopy.

See everyone tomorrow at the school.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director