OCAG News 5-09-07

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News 5-09-07

Postby Marissa on Wed May 09, 2007 9:56 am

Hi all.

A couple of things to talk about.

First, our OCAG Company Leader program is going well. We had five people nominated yesterday evening and, after a preliminary vote, it was shown that Kevin and Antonio are the two final nominees.

On Thursday (tomorrow) both of them will give a speech that is longer than 3 minutes but no longer than 5 minutes on why they believe that they would be the best Company Leader. The plan is for this to start at 6 pm. So, if you want to listen and then get to vote you better be there at 6 pm. Again, I know that some people honestly can't make it there by 6 pm and that's okay, as long as you e-mail me and let me know. If you let me know ahead of time we will wait for you. Also, if either Kevin or Antonio isn't at the church tomorrow at 6 pm (and has not called to tell me why they're late) then whoever is there at 6 pm will become the Company Leader by default. If neither of them are there then I'll go to the next nominated person and they will be Company Leader. So be there on time!!!

Next, remember that we are performing this show on Thursday, May 17, 2007 for the Tuttle Intermediate School. We are performing at 8:25 am so you're going (as usual) to miss school that day. Get your homework ahead of time and turn it in BEFORE IT'S DUE. Although we are only performing the show once, I'll still need you after it's over. We are performing the show at the school on 5-17-07. We'll practice at the school on 5-15-07 and 5-16-07. After the performance, we'll go back to the church and run the show again there so we can get used to the church stage again. I'm almost positive that we'll be done by 3 pm.

Remember, costumes are due Sunday.

As I said yesterday, you can call for line tomorrow but after tomorrow you can't. So LEARN YOUR LINES!!! Also, practice your songs. There is no reason why you all shouldn't know these songs by now and I'm getting tired of telling you over and over to do it.

We don't have the tickets printed up for the show yet, however you can start to sell "paper free tickets" anytime you want. Adult tickets are $10.00 and children tickets are $5.00. Children under the age of 3 can attend for free. There will be no reserve seating. We'll open the house 30 minutes before show time and it's then a first come, first serve for seats. Keep a record of tickets you are "selling" and the date and time that the ticket buyers are attending the show. Tell me so that we'll know about what to expect in regards to audience size. Once I have tickets I'll give them to you all and then you can go back and give them to the people who purchased them.

Our show on Friday, 5-18-07, will start at 8 pm. Our matinee show on Saturday, 5-19-07 will be at 2 pm and our evening performance will be at 8 pm.

Okay. I'll see everyone from 6 pm to 8 pm tomorrow.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director