OCAG News 5-7-07

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News 5-7-07

Postby Marissa on Mon May 07, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi all.

Okay, a few things here.

First, I have talked with all cast members who were at rehearsal Saturday and those who were there Sunday. Everyone there talked about my idea about having a Company Leader for each "section" of OCAG. Although we are almost up to the performance dates of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, we are going to go ahead and start the Company Leader program right now.

Remember, to be considered for the OCAG Company Leader a member must be nominated by another member. If someone asks you to nominate them, only do it if you believe that they will be a good Student Leader. If someone asks you to nominate them and you don't want to, simply tell them you don't want to. Don't lie and say you will and then not nominate them when the nominations open.

Nominations will be this coming Tuesday (tomorrow) 5-8-07 at the start of rehearsal at 6 pm. If you want to be nominated as Student Leader you must be there when they are started. If you can't make it by 6 pm then LET ME KNOW NOW. I will make exceptions for people who have an honest conflict and can't make it on time tomorrow.

If more than two people are nominated then the group will have an immediate vote on the two people that the group believes should be the two nominees. All votes will be by secret ballot.

If only one person is nominated then I will scream at everyone and have a heart attack. After that I'll play it by ear and will possibly nominate someone myself.

On Thursday, 5-10-07 both the nominees will be expected to give a 2 minute speech on why they should be our OCAG Company Leader. This is not a popularity contest. The speech should include in what ways the nominee has shown that they have the responsibility to be the OCAG Company Leader.

The OCAG Company Leader will be expected to be at every rehearsal unless there is an acceptable reason to not be there. They will be expected to help with the group by reading for other parts if company members are missing. They will be expected to take responsibility for making sure certain tasks are completed by the group. Their name will be listed in all programs as the OCAG Company Leader and they will also take on the responsibility of talking to the audience either at the top of our shows or speaking at the end of intermission. When you think of the OCAG Company Leader think about the Student Body President of a High School.

The only way I, Regina or Krislyn will cast a vote is if there is a tie in the votes from the company members.

Next, the cast is expected to have costumes by Sunday, May 13. If you can't have exactly what I sent home then have something close and get it up to rehearsal. If you think that you have something that MIGHT work then bring it to rehearsl before May 13 and I'll tell you if it will work or not.

Everyone remember that this show opens on May 17, 2007 at the Tuttle Upper Elementary School. Yes, that's ten days away.

Okay. That's all for now. See everyone tomorrow from 6 pm to 8 pm.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director