OCAG News - April 23, 2007

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News - April 23, 2007

Postby Marissa on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:29 am

Hi all.

Three things.

First of all, Saturday's rehearsal was (with the exception of Tia dislocating her shoulder) a really good one. However, it wasn't so good that we are ready to perform. So, we are going to have one more rehearsal for it.

Our schedule is basically the same still as the schedule that I sent out. The only difference is that instead of rehearsing for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown on both Tuesday (4-24-07) and Thursday (4-26-07) we will only rehearse it on Tuesday.

So, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown will be rehearsed on Tuesday (4-24-07) and the Arts Festival Show will be rehearsed on Thursday (4-26-07).

Second of all, Regina, Kevin, Antonio, Tina, Gary, Payton, Lenora, Bennett and I discovered that it's really hard to block an entire Act with five cast members absent. We did manage to get it blocked out (with the exception of the "Van Pelt only scenes") and I think it's going to be good.

Those of you, who weren't able to be at rehearsal on Sunday, be ready to learn everything you missed on Tuesday, 4-24-07.

Third of all, I was quite disturbed that between the seven actors on stage yesterday we had about three scripts. So, I've made an evil new rule.

Anyone who doesn't have their script at each and every rehearsal from now on will have a line taken away. If you don't bring it twice then that's two lines gone. If you don't bring it three times then that's three lines gone. See where this is going?

The excellent thing about this show is that I can easily take lines away and either assign them to someone else in the show or I can just chop the line out and throw it away.

For those of you who count your lines, better get your script up to our next rehearsal or you'll be counting one less.

Okay. I'll see everyone on Tuesday (4-24-07) from 6 pm to 8 pm for Charlie Brown rehearsal and I'll see everyone (except for Zach and Ben) on Thursday (4-26-07) from 6 pm to 8 pm for Arts Festival rehearsal.

Thursday's (4-26-07) rehearsal is a DRESS REHEARSAL. Please bring everything you need including boots, tights, belts and shoes.

If you don't have your full costume on Thursday then I am going to yell at you in front of everyone else. Please don't put us all through that.

Okay, I think that's it.

Talk toya'll lata.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director