OCAG News December 8, 2006 (Part 3)

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News December 8, 2006 (Part 3)

Postby Marissa on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Everyone needs to remember to go back and read ALL OF THE POSTS since you last checked them. There are times when I have a lot of important information that I need to forward on to you daily (sometimes more than once a day) so please be aware of the last post you read and if you see new ones, in addition to the newest one, then read them all. This shouldn’t be too hard because I date each one. If you don't read all of the posts you might end up not knowing something important.

I know that it’s hard to think about this but we need to do it anyway.

We are already booked to perform in two more things after An Evening On Broadway closes and they are coming up quick.

Two things. Please don't skim. Read all of this!!!!

FIRST

On New Years Eve we are scheduled to perform from 9 pm to 9:45 pm at the Opening Night celebrations in down town OKC.

We will do NOTHING NEW for the performance. It will basically be our “standard show” that we have done a million times before. We will be adding Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy back in but, besides that, it will be pretty identical to our State Fair show.

I am taking off work the entire week between Christmas and New Years Eve. Am I doing this for a much-needed rest? No. I’m doing this so we can concentrate on practicing for Opening Night. I need to know schedules guys. Who is going to do this show and who isn’t? I believe I know of two of you who won’t be performing but I want to know for sure. Where is everyone going to be over the week between Christmas and New Years? We’ll need to practice and I need to know who can practice on what days. We’re going to have to rehearse fast guys.

SECOND

I mentioned this at one point to the kids and some of the adults but I’m putting it here now so that everyone will know. On JANUARY 20, 2006 Oklahoma Department of Human Services is having a Foster Care Awareness Day at the Shartel Church of God. We have been asked to perform our dance/song Oklahoma! For them and we are going to do so.

Since all we are going to do is perform that one song for them, we won’t have to kill ourselves with rehearsals…..especially since we’ll be doing that song for Opening Night too.

I need to know who will and who won’t be able to perform for us that day.

It’s kind of a breakfast meeting and so everyone who performs can eat. My Foster Care liaison is trying to find out if parents will be able to eat too.

So let me know about all of this stuff ASAP!!!!

See you all tomorrow evening.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director