OCAG News - November 26, 2006

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News - November 26, 2006

Postby Marissa on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:23 am

Hi all.

Sorry I had to cancel rehearsal for today (Sunday, November 26, 2006). A flu bug of some kind took out the entire Pace/Gottman/Garvie camp. Trust me when I say that staying away from everyone was the correct thing to do today.

We WILL have rehearsal Tuesday, November 28, 2006. I would like for rehearsal to be from 5:30 pm to 8 pm. At this point I'm not sure where we will practice. Regina is going to call Tuttle School Admin tomorrow and I'll send everyone out an email and also post it on the Board when I know where we will be.

I'm emailing out lyrics for our songs and also posting them here (see below). Unless I’m mistaken this will take care of ALL the lyrics for the show. I’ve already given lyrics for solos and (some) small number songs out to people.

Let me know ASAP, if you are coming up with a song that you don‘t have lyrics for.

Talk toya‘ll lata.

-----------------

WE GO TOGETHER

We go together like rama lama lama ke ding a de dinga a dong.

Remembered for ever like shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yipitty boom de boom.

Chang chang chang-it-ty chang shoo-bop. That's the way it should be wha oooh yeah!

We're one of a kind like dip di-dip di-dip doo-bop a doo-bee doo. Our names are signed boog-e-dy boog-e-dy boog-e-dy boog-e-dy shoo-by doo-wop she-bop. Chang chang chang-it-ty chang shoo-bop we'll always be like one, wa-wa-wa-one!

When we go out at night and stars are shinin' bright up in the skies above. Or at the high school dance where you can find romance, maybe it might be lo-oh oh oh-oh oh-ove.

Ra-ma la-ma la-ma ka ding a da ding de dong.

Shoo-bop sha wad-da wad-da yipp-it-y boom de boom.

Chang chang chang-it-ty chang shoo-bop.

Dip da-dip da-dip doo-wop da doo-bee doo.

Boog-e-dy boog-e-dy boog-e-dy boog-ed-y shoo-by doo-wop she-bop.

Sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na yip-pit-y boom de boom.

Ra-ma la-ma la-ma ka ding-a de ding de dong.

Shoo-bop sha wad-da wad-da yipp-it-y boom de boom.

Chang chang chang-it-ty chang shoo-bop.

Dip da-dip da-dip doo-wop da doo-bee doo.

Boog-e-dy boog-e-dy boog-e-dy boog-e-dy shoo-by doo-wop she-bop.

Sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na yip-pit-ty boom de boom.

A wop ba-ba lu-mop

A wop bam boom

We're for each other like a wop ba-ba lu-mop and wop bam boom. Just like my brother, he’s sha na na na na na yip-pit-y dip de boom. Chang chang chang-it-ty chang shoo-bop, we’ll always be together, wha oooh yeah!

We'll always, be together. We'll always be together.
We'll always be together.

YOUL’LL BE IN MY HEART

Sheila

Stop your crying it will be all right. Just take my hand, hold it tight. I will protect you from all around you. I will be here don't you cry.

Mackenzie

For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us can't be broken. I will be here don't you cry.

Sheila, Mackenzie & Ben

'Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more. You'll be in my heart no matter what they say you'll be here in my heart, always. Always.

All

Come stop your crying it will be all right. Just take my hand, hold it tight. I will protect you from all around you. I will be here don't you cry. For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us can't be broken. I will be here don't you cry. 'Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more. You'll be in my heart no matter what they say you'll be here in my heart, always. Why can't they understand the way we feel? They just don't trust what they can't explain. I know we're different but deep inside us we're not that different at all. And you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more. Don't listen to them, 'cause what do they know? We need each other, to have and to hold. They’ll see in time, I know. When destiny calls you, you must be strong. I may not be with you, but you've got to hold on. They'll see in time, I know. We'll show them together! 'Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more. Oh, you'll be in my heart. No matter what they say. You'll be here in my heart, always. Always...I’ll be with you. I’ll be there for you always, always and always. Just look over your shoulder. Just look over your shoulder. Just look over your shoulder. I’ll be there always.

THE THINKS YOU CAN THINK

(You all know this song and so should know that it was very difficult to type out. If there are errors please ignore them, I did my best)

After all of these years, being stuck on a page. Did you ever imagine you’d see me up on stage? Now I’m here, there’s no telling what may ensue. No, there’s no telling what….but I’ll give you a clue.

Oh, the thinks you can think! Oh, the thinks you can think if you're willing to try...

Think invisible ink! Or a gink with a stink! Or a stair to the sky... If you open your mind, oh, the thinks you will find lining up to get loose... Oh, the thinks you can think when you think about...

Seuss! Seuss! Seuss! Seuss! Seuss! Seuss! Seuss! Seuss! Seuss!

Oh, the thinks you can think! Any thinker who thinks can come up with a few!

Think a trip on a ship to the Vipper of Vipp or to Solla Sollew.

Think of beautiful Schlopp with a cherry on top! You don't need an excuse!

Oh, the thinks you can think when you think about Seuss, Seuss, Seuss, Seuss, Seuss.

Think!

Think of an elephant up in a tree. Think of a person too tiny to see! Think of a bird with a one-feather tail going on adventure down a dangerous trail! Think a bird who flies off on a spree! Think of a kangaroo, sour as can be! Think of a general crazy for war!

Think of something horrible and hairy! Something sinister and scary that you never dared to think of before!

Think of nobody here and the feeling of fear and the darkness of night!

Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh!

All alone in your room as you're facing your doom, think a glimmer of light!!

Aah, Aah!

Take a tip from the cat and hold on to your hat ‘cause this ain't Mother Goose!

Think right over the brink when you think about Seuss!

Seuss, Seuss, Seuss (etc.)

(Cat talks)

Just think! From the planet of Who and the smallest of small. To the jungle of Nool, and the largest of all...

You think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think! Just think!

Oh, the thinks you can think, think and wonder and dream far and wide as you dare! When your thinks have run dry, in the blink of an eye there's another think there! If you open your mind, oh, the thinks you will find lining up to get loose… Oh, the thinks you can think.

Oh, the thinks you can think (etc).

Oh, the thinks you can think when you think about Seuss! When you think about Seuss! When you think about Seuss!

Seuss (etc.)

BE OUR GUEST

Ma chère mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you here tonight. And now, we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents... Your dinner!

Be our guest! Be our guest! Put our service to the test!
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, chérie, and we'll provide the rest!
Soup du jour! Hot hors d'oeuvres! Why, we only live to serve!
Try the grey stuff...

Oh it’s delicious!

Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!
They can sing! They can dance! After all, miss, this is France!
And a dinner here is never second best!
Go on, unfold your menu, take a glance, and then you'll be our guest.
Oui, our guest! Be our guest!

Beef ragout, cheese soufflé, pie and pudding en flambé!

We'll prepare and serve with flair a culinary cabaret!
You're alone and you're scared, but the banquet's all prepared.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining!

We tell jokes!

I do tricks with my fellow candlesticks!

And it's all in perfect taste, that you can bet!
Come on and lift your glass! You've won your own free pass to be our guest!

If you're stressed, it's fine dining we suggest!

Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest!

Be our guest! Be our guest! Get your worries off your chest!
Let us say, for your entree, we've an array; may we suggest:
Try the bread! Try the soup! When the croutons loop de loop,
It's a treat for any diner! Don't believe me? Ask the china!

Singing pork! Dancing veal! What an entertaining meal!
How could anyone be gloomy or depressed?
We'll make you shout "encore!" and send us out for more!
So, be our guest!

Be our guest!

Be our guest!

It's a guest! It's a guest! Sakes alive! Well, I'll be blessed!
Wine's been poured and, thank the Lord, I've had the napkins freshly pressed! With dessert, she'll want tea, and, my dear, that's fine with me!
While the cups do their soft-shoeing, I'll be bubbling, I'll be brewing! I'll get warm, piping hot! Heaven's sakes! Is that a spot? Clean it up! We want the company impressed!

We've got a lot to do!

Is it one lump or two? For you, our guest!

She's our guest!

She's our guest!

She's our guest!

Life is so unnerving for a servant who's not serving.
He's not whole without a soul to wait upon.
Ah, those good old days when we were useful!
Suddenly those good old days are gone.

Ten years we've been rusting, needing so much more than dusting!
Needing exercise, a chance to use our skills!
Most days we just lay around the castle.
Flabby, fat, and lazy, you walked in and oops-a-daisy!

Think of what the master will do if he finds out about this!

Allo! Hi!

And now, for your continued dining experience: Napkins, s'il vous plaît!

Ooh, la, la!

Un! Deux! Trois! Quatre! Cinq! Six! Sept! Huit!

Be our guest! Be our guest! Our command is your request!
It's been years since we've had anybody here, and we're obsessed
With your meal, with your ease! Yes, indeed, we aim to please!
While the candlelight's still glowing, let us help you, we'll keep going...

No, no! Not the kick line! Aaaah!

...Course by course! One by one! 'Til you shout, "Enough! I'm done!"
Then we'll sing you off to sleep as you digest!
Tonight you'll prop your feet up, but for now, let's eat up!
Please, be our guest!

SEASONS OF LOVE

Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. Five hundred, twenty five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. How do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?

How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love. Seasons of love. Seasons of love.

Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. Five hundred, twenty five thousand journeys to plan. Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes - how do you measure the life of a woman or man?

In truths that she learned or in times that he cried. In the bridges he burned or the way that she died.

It’s time now to sing out, though the story never ends let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends. Remember the love! Remember the love! Remember the love! Measure in love. Seasons of love! Seasons of love!
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director