Fourth of July Show. Lyrics for the Annie songs.

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

Fourth of July Show. Lyrics for the Annie songs.

Postby Marissa on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:23 pm

Never Fully Dressed:

Boylan Sisters: O, X, Y, D, E, N -T.

Healy: Hey, hobo man. Hey, Dapper Dan. You've both got your style. But Brother, You're never fully dressed Without a smile! Your clothes may be Beau Brummelly. They stand out a mile -- But Brother, You're never fully dressed without a smile! Who cares what they're wearing, on Main Street, Or Saville Row? It's what you wear from ear to ear and not from head to toe that matters. So, Senator, so, Janitor, So long for a while. Remember, You're never fully dressed without a smile! Ah the lovely Boylan Sisters!

All Four Sisters: Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!

Boylan Sisters: Hey, hobo man. Hey, Dapper Dan. You've both got your style. But Brother, You're never fully dressed, you’re never dressed without an S, M, I, L, E, smile darn you smile.

Healy: Who cares what they're wearing, on Main Street, Or Saville Row? It's what you wear from ear to ear (Boylan Sisters: Ear to Ear) and not from head to toe that matters. So, Senator, so, Janitor, So long for a while. Remember, You're never fully dressed without a smile!

Never Fully Dressed - Orphans:

Orphans: Hey, hobo man. Hey, Dapper Dan. You've both got your style. But Brother, You're never fully dressed Without a smile! Your clothes may be Beau Brummelly. They stand out a mile -- But Brother, You're never fully dressed without a smile! Who cares what they're wearing, on Main Street, Or Saville Row? It's what you wear from ear to ear and not from head to toe that matters.

One Orphan: Ah the lovely Boylan Sisters!

Orphans: Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!

So, Senator, so, Janitor, So long for a while. Remember, You're never fully dressed, though you may wear the best. You’re never fully dressed without a smile…smile….smile…..smile darn ya smile!

Tomorrow:

The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs, and the sorrow ‘til there's none!
When I'm stuck a day that's gray, and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin, and say,
Oh! The sun'll come out tomorrow, so ya gotta hang on 'til tomorrow come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow! You're always a day a way!

Hard Knock Life:

Orphans: It's the hard-knock life for us! It's the hard-knock life for us! 'Steada treated, we get tricked! 'Steada kisses, we get kicked! It's the hard-knock life! Got no folks to speak of, so, It's the hard-knock row we hoe! Cotton blankets, 'steada of wool! Empty bellies, 'steada of full! It's the hard-knock life! Don't if feel like the wind is always howl'n? Don't it seem like there's never any light! Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in? It's easier than puttin' up a fight. No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy! No one cares if you grow or if you shrink! No one dries when your eyes get wet an' weepy! From all the cryin' you would think this place's a sink! Ohhhh!!!!!!! Empty belly life! Rotten smelly life! Full of sorrow life! No tomorrow life! Santa Claus we never see. Santa Claus, what's that? Who's he? No one cares for you a smidge, when you're in an orphanage! It’s the hard-knock life.

One orphan spoken: You'll stay up till this dump shines like the top of the Chrysler Building! Kill, kill!

Orphans: Yank the whiskers from her chin.

One orphan spoken: Little pig droppings!

Orphans: Jab her with a safety Pin

One orphan spoken: Rotten orphans!

Orphans: Make her drink a mickey finn

One orphan spoken: Nobody loves you!

Orphans: I love you, Miss Hannigan!!

Orphans: It's the hard-knock life for us. It's the hard-knock life for us. No one cares for you a smidge,when your in an orphanage. It's the hard-knock life, it's the hard-knock life! It's the hard-knock life!
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director