OCAG News 5-30-06. I've become very concerned w/ something.

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

OCAG News 5-30-06. I've become very concerned w/ something.

Postby Marissa on Tue May 30, 2006 12:34 pm

At this moment, the cast members involved with the summer programs are:

Carla
Krislyn
Lenora
Randi
Reanna
Sheila
Tia
Tina
Adam
Antonio
Chris
Gary
Kevin
Ross
Zach

That's a fifteen-person show. Not bad at all.

Here are the cast members who were at rehearsal on 5-25-06:

Krislyn
Randi
Reanna
Tina
Adam
Antonio
Chris
Kevin
Zach

That's a nine-person rehearsal. Bad. Real bad. The only upside is that I managed to learn a little bit of the dance. Of course, while dancing it the best I could one thing that kept going around in my mind was that since I was kind of learning it, Krislyn was going to have to teach the part again, to the missing girl. One of them anyway.

Now, I had been informed (ahead of time) that Tia, Lenora and Gary would not be at rehearsal.

So, the nine people who bothered to show up, plus the three excused absence people makes a total of twelve people.

Fifteen minus twelve is three. So tell me, Ross, Sheila and Carla, exactly why did you not have enough respect for the Guild to AT THE VERY LEAST give me a call or send me an email?????

I understand the irony with saying this to Sheila and Carla online since they don't have a computer. But I'll be calling them and telling them the same thing I'm about to tell you know.

If you miss rehearsals, I don't like it; however, if you must miss then please let me know ahead of time. That way, I’ll at least know where you are, instead of worrying that you’ve been in a car crash or something.

Here's a new rule (not really a new rule since we've done it before but it's been a while since I said it and so it’s “new to some of us”). If we are blocking a new scene or teaching a new dance, and the numbers won't require the whole cast then, if you're not at rehearsal when we do learn something new, then you can just go ahead and consider yourself out of that scene. Those who call or email me and at least let me know they aren’t going to be at rehearsal might be able to have a part if we can save something but even that's not guaranteed.

The number one best way to be in a lot of the group numbers or special parts is to be at rehearsal. Makes since, don't you think?

Okay, see you guys at rehearsal on Thursday (6-1-06). DRESS LIGHTLY and bring SUN BLOCK. Also, you might want to switch over to tennis shoes. I know that flip-flops are impossible to dance in. So you take them off and then dance barefoot. Then (after you step on glass, or on a rusted nail or something) you get to go get stitches and/or a tetanus shot. Wear shoes that protect your feet while you dance. While you dance outside most specifically.

Okay, see you Thursday 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.

8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director