Scene with Tia, Randi, Carla and Heather

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

Scene with Tia, Randi, Carla and Heather

Postby Marissa on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Minnie Fay: Randi
Irene Molloy: Tia
Marigold Bella: Carla
Gardenia Bonita: Heather
(No speaking lines in this scene).
---------------------------

Minnie
Oh, Miss Molloy, I would rather die on the rack then ask you such a personal question…..

(Marigold and Gardenia enter from the stairs in front of the stage)

Minnie (continues)
But as long as we’re on the subject , why would you…? I mean…..

Irene
Because he’s rich Minnie, that’s why! He can rescue me from the millinery business! I hate hats!

Minnie
Hate hats?? (Marigold and Gardenia are now behind and to the side of Irene and Minnie and they mouth the words “hate hats???“ to each other right as Minnie says her line “Hate hats??“)

Irene
(Sees both Marigold and Gardenia) A good afternoon to you, Miss Bella.

Marigold
And to you as well Mrs. Molloy, and you too Miss Fay.

Minnie
Hello Miss Bella.

Marigold
(Stepping on the last work in Minnie’s line) I thought I heard you say something a moment ago but I just can’t believe that I heard you correctly.

Irene
Really? Well I was just saying to Miss Fay that it seems that all of the really attractive men in New York are all married. So hard to catch one.....

Marigold
Well Irene, luckily some of the women in New York will have no problems finding a suitable husband. In my opinion, if a woman presents herself well, and lives a proper kind of life, she‘ll have no problem finding the most suitable husband.

Irene
Oh Marigold, what a sweet thing to say. And I guess you’re right…..I am destined to find love again. To be perfectly honest….worrying about you finding a suitable husband is what I fret most about. I keep you in my prayers though….I’m sure that someone out there in the world SOMEWHERE is a husband for you...suitable or not.

(Marigold and Gardenia look at each other in a shocked way. They stick their noises up in the air and start to leave down stage right.)

Irene
(Lets them get part of the way across the stage and then says), You know, I received some beautiful fruit and ribbons yesterday in the shop. I saw it and immediately thought of you.

Marigold
(Suddenly being much friendlier and coming back to the park bench) Oh Miss Molloy that’s wonderful! I’ve been looking so forward to seeing some new ribbons! I’ll plan to come in tomorrow early afternoon.

Irene
Well that’s lovely. See you tomorrow then.

(Marigold and Gardenia leave down stage right)

Minnie
The way you talk….it’s…..
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director