Even more Christmas lyrics.

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

Even more Christmas lyrics.

Postby Marissa on Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:51 pm

Okay, this is the last of them. See you all tonight!

My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with strings, These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudel, Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodle, Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, Silver white winters that melt into springs, These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites, When the bee stings, When I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, And then I don't feel so bad.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with strings, These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudel, Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodle, Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, Silver white winters that melt into springs, These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites, When the bee stings, When I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, And then I don't feel so bad.

We need a little Christmas

Haul out the holly; Put up the tree before my spirit falls again. Fill up the stocking, I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now.

For we need a little Christmas, Right this very minute, Candles in the window, Carols at the spinet. Yes, we need a little Christmas, Right this very minute. It hasn't snowed a single flurry, But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;

So climb down the chimney; Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen. Slice up the fruitcake; It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough.

For we need a little music, Need a little laughter, Need a little singing, Ringing through the rafter, And we need a little snappy "Happy ever after," we Need a little Christmas now.

Haul out the holly; Put up the tree before my spirit falls again. Fill up the stocking, I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now.

For we need a little Christmas, Right this very minute, Candles in the window, Carols at the spinet. Yes, we need a little Christmas, Right this very minute. We need a little Christmas now. We need a little Christmas now.

Nuttin’ for Christmas

I broke my bat on Johnny's head; Somebody snitched on me. I hid a frog in sister's bed; Somebody snitched on me. I spilled some ink on Mommy's rug; I made Tommy eat a bug; Bought some gum with a penny slug; Somebody snitched on me.

Oh, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas. Mommy and Daddy are mad. I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas, 'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad.

I put a tack on teacher's chair Somebody snitched on me. I tied a knot in Susie's hair Somebody snitched on me. I did a dance on Mommy's plants Climbed a tree and tore my pants Filled the sugar bowl with ants Somebody snitched on me.

So, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas Mommy and Daddy are mad. I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas 'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad.

I won't be seeing Santa Claus; Somebody snitched on me. He won't come visit me because Somebody snitched on me. Next year I'll be going straight; Next year I'll be good, just wait I'd start now, but it's too late; Somebody snitched on me.

So you better be good whatever you do 'Cause if you're bad, I'm warning you, You'll get nuttin' for Christmas.

Christmas Medley (Merry Christmas, Hark the herald angels sing, Joy to the world)

We wish you a Merry Christmas; We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Good tidings we bring to you and your kin; Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

We wish you a Merry Christmas; We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Good tidings we bring to you and your kin; Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Hark the herald angels sing. "Glory to the newborn King! Peace on earth and mercy mild God and sinners reconciled." Joyful, all ye nations rise Join the triumph of the skies With angelic host proclaim: "Christ is born in Bethlehem" Hark! The herald angels sing "Glory to the newborn King!"

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace! Hail the Son of Righteousness! Light and life to all He brings Ris'n with healing in His wings. Mild He lays His glory by Born that man no more may die Born to raise the sons of earth Born to give them second birth Hark! The herald angels sing "Glory to the newborn King!"

Joy to the world, the Lord is come! Let earth receive her King; Let every heart prepare Him room, And Heaven and nature sing, And Heaven and nature sing, And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the world, the Savior reigns! Let men their songs employ; While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

Angles we have heard on high.

Angles we have heard on high. Sweetly singing ore the plains. And the mountains in reply. Echoing their joyous strains.

Gloria in excelsis Deo. Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Come to Bethlehem and see. Christ whose birth the angels sing. Come adore on bended knee. Christ the Lord the newborn King.

Gloria in excelsis Deo. Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Up on the housetop

Up on the housetop the reindeer pause. Out jumps good old Santa Claus. Down through the chimney with lots of toys. All for the little ones, Christmas joys. Ho, ho ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho, ho ho! Who wouldn't go? Up on the housetop, click, click, click. Down through the chimney with old Saint Nick

First comes the stocking of little Nell. Oh, dear Santa fill it well. Give her a dolly that laughs and cries. One that will open and shut her eyes. Ho, ho, ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho, ho, ho! Who wouldn't go? Up on the housetop, click, click, click. Down through the chimney with old Saint Nick.

Next comes the stocking of little Will. Oh, just see what a glorious fill. Here is a hammer and lots of tacks. Also a ball and a whip that cracks. Ho, ho ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho, ho, ho! Who wouldn't go? Up on the housetop, click, click, click. Down through the chimney with good Saint Nick!

The most wonderful time of the year

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. With the kids jingle-belling. And everyone telling you Be of good cheer. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

It’s the hap-happiest season of all. With those holiday greetings. And great happy meetings When friends come to call. It’s the hap-happiest season of all

There’ll be parties for hosting. Marshmallows for toasting. And caroling out in the snow. There’ll be scary ghost stories. And tales of the glories. Of Christmases long, long ago.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. There’ll be much mistletoe-ing. And hearts will be glowing. When loved ones are near. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

There’ll be parties for hosting. Marshmallows for toasting. And caroling out in the snow. There’ll be scary ghost stories. And tales of the glories. Of Christmases long, long ago.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. There’ll be much mistletoe-ing. And hearts will be glowing. When loved ones are near. It’s the most wonderful time, yes the most wonderful time, oh the most wonderful time of the year.

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

It came upon the midnight clear, That glorious song of old, From angels bending near the earth, To touch their harps of gold: "Peace on the earth, goodwill to men
From heavens all gracious King!" The world in solemn stillness lay To hear the angels sing.

O ye beneath life's crushing load, Whose forms are bending low, Who toil along the climbing way With painful steps and slow; Look now, for glad and golden hours Come swiftly on the wing; Oh rest beside the weary road And hear the angels sing.

For lo! the days are hastening on, By prophets seen of old, When with the ever-circling years Shall come the time foretold, When the new heaven and earth shall own The Prince of Peace, their King, And the whole world send back the song Which now the angels sing.

My Grown Up Christmas List

Do you remember me, I sat upon your knee, I wrote to you, With childhood fantasies.

I'm almost grown up now, But still need help somehow, I'm still a child and my heart still can dream.

So here's my lifelong wish, My grown up Christmas list, Not for myself, But for a world in need.

No more lives torn apart, That wars would never start, And time would heal all hearts, And everyone would have a friend, And right would always win, And love would never end, This is my grown up Christmas list.

As children we believed, The grandest sight to see, Was something lovely, Wrapped beneath our very own Christmas tree, Well heaven only knows, That packages and bows, Can never heal, A hurting human soul.

No more lives torn apart, That wars would never start, And time would heal all hearts, And everyone would have a friend, And right would always win, And love would never end, This is my grown up….This is my grown up Christmas…So here's my lifelong wish, My grown up Christmas list.

Over the river and Thru the wood

Over the river and thru the woods, To grandfather's house we go; The horse knows the way, To carry the sleigh - Thru the white and drifted snow, oh!
Over the river and thru the wood, Oh, how the wind does blow! It stings the toes,
And bites the nose, As over the ground we go.

Over the river and thru the wood, To have a first-rate play; Oh, hear the bell ring,
"Ting-a-ling-ling!" Hurrah for Christmas Day-ay!
Over the river and thru the wood, Trot fast my dapple gray! Spring over the ground, Like a hunting hound! For this is Christmas Day.

Over the river and thru the wood, To grandfather's house we go; The horse knows the way, To carry the sleigh - Thru the white and drifted snow, oh!
Over the river and thru the wood, Oh, how the wind does blow! It stings the toes,
And bites the nose, As over the ground we go.

Over the river and thru the wood, To have a first-rate play; Oh, hear the bell ring,
"Ting-a-ling-ling!" Hurrah for Christmas Day-ay!
Over the river and thru the wood, Trot fast my dapple gray! Spring over the ground, Like a hunting hound! For this is Christmas Day. For this is Christmas Day.

Walking in a winter wonderland

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening, in the lane, snow is glistening, A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland.

Gone away is the bluebird, here to stay is a new bird, He sings a love song, as we go along, walking in a winter wonderland

In the meadow we can build a snowman, Then pretend that he is Parson Brown
He'll say: Are you married? We'll say: No man But you can do the job when you're in town.

Later on we'll conspire as we dream by the fire. To face unafraid the plans that we've made walking in a winter wonderland

In the meadow we can build a snowman and pretend that he's a circus clown We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman until the alligators knock him down.

When it snows ain't it thrilling Though your nose gets a chilling We'll frolic and play the Eskimo way walking in a winter wonderland!

Snoopy's Christmas

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, how lovely are your branches.

The news had come out in the First World War. The bloody Red Baron was flying once more. The Allied command ignored all of its men. And called on Snoopy to do it again.

Was the night before Christmas, 40 below. When Snoopy went up in search of his foe.
He spied the Red Baron, fiercely they fought. With ice on his wings Snoopy knew he was caught.

Christmas bells those Christmas bells, Ring across the land, Asking peace of all the world And good will to man.

The Baron had Snoopy dead in his sights, He reached for the trigger to pull it up tight, Why he didn't shoot, well, we'll never know Or was it the bells from the village below.

Christmas bells those Christmas bells, Ringing through the land, Bringing peace to all the world And good will to man.

The Baron made Snoopy fly to the Rhine And forced him to land behind the enemy lines
Snoopy was certain that this was the end When the Baron cried out, "Merry Christmas, my friend!"

The Baron then offered a holiday toast And Snoopy, our hero, saluted his host And then with a roar they were both on their way Each knowing they'd meet on some other day.

Christmas bells those Christmas bells, Ringing through the land, Bringing peace to all the world And good will to man.

Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director