More Christmas lyrics.

Important news from director Krislyn Gottman. Read-only!

Moderator: Sicky

More Christmas lyrics.

Postby Marissa on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:25 pm

Okay. Please print them off and bring them to practice on Thursday.

Deck the Halls

Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la, la la la la. 'Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la. Don we now our gay apparel, Fa la la, la la la, la la la. Troll the ancient yuletide carol, Fa la la la la, la la la la.

See the blazing yule before us, Fa la la la la, la la la la. Strike the harp and join the chorus, Fa la la la la, la la la la. Follow me in merry measure, Fa la la, la la la, la la la. While I tell of yuletide treasure
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Fast away the old year passes, Fa la la la la, la la la la. Hail the new, ye lads and lasses, Fa la la la la, la la la la. Sing we joyous, all together, Fa la la, la la la, la la la. Heedless of the wind and weather
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

God rest ye merry gentlemen

God rest ye merry gentlemen, Let nothing you dismay. Remember Christ our Savior Was born on Christmas day, To save us all from Satan's power When we were gone astray, O tidings of comfort and joy, Comfort and joy, O tidings of comfort and joy.

In Bethlehem in Jewry, This blessed Babe was born, And laid within a manger, Upon this blessed morn; The which His mother Mary Did to nothing take in scorn: O tidings of comfort and joy. Comfort and joy, O tidings of comfort and joy.

From God our heavenly Father, A blessed angel came, And unto certain shepherds, Brought tidings of the same, How that in Bethlehem was born, The Son of God by name, O tidings of comfort and joy, Comfort and joy, O tidings of comfort and joy.

"Fear not" then said the angel, "Let nothing you affright, This day is born a Savior, Of a pure virgin bright, To free all those who trust in Him, From Satan's power and might", O tidings of comfort and joy, Comfort and joy, O tidings of comfort and joy.

The First Noel

The first Noel, the angel did say, Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay; In fields where they lay keeping their sheep, On a cold winter's night that was so deep.

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, born is the King of Israel.

They looked up and saw a Star, Shining in the East, beyond them far;
And to the earth, it gave a great light, And so it continued both day and night.

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, Born is the King of Israel.

The star drew nigh to the North-West, O'er Bethlehem it took its rest,
And there it did, both stop and stay, Right over the place where Jesus lay.

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, Born is the King of Israel.

Little Drummer Boy

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum. A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum. Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum. To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum.

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum, When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum. I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum. I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum. That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum.

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum, On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum. The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum. I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum.

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum. The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum. I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum.

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum. Me and my drum. Me and my drum. Me and my drum.

O Come All Ye Faithful

O Come All Ye Faithful Joyful and triumphant, O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem. Come and behold Him, Born the King of Angels; O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord.

Sing, choirs of angels, Sing in exultation, Sing all that hear in heaven God's holy word. Give to our Father glory in the Highest; O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord.

Oh Lord, we greet Thee, Born this happy morning, O Jesus! for evermore be Thy name adored. Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing; O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord. O come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord.

Away in a manger

Away in a manger, No crib for a bed. The little Lord Jesus, Laid down His sweet head. The stars in the sky Looked down where He lay The little Lord Jesus Asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing The poor Baby wakes But little Lord Jesus No crying He makes. I love Thee, Lord Jesus Look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle, 'Til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay Close by me forever
And love me I pray Bless all the dear children In Thy tender care
And take us to heaven To live with Thee there

And take us to heaven To live with Thee there

Do you hear what I hear?

Said the night wind to the little lamb. Do you see what I see? Way up in the sky little lamb. Do you see what I see? A star, a star
Dancing in the night. With a tail as big as a kite With a tail as big as a kite.

Said the little lamb to the Shepard boy. Do you hear what I hear? Ringing through the sky shepard boy, Do you hear what I hear?
A song, a song. High above the trees. With a voice as big as the sea With a voice as big as the sea.

Said the shepard boy to the mighty king. Do you know what I know? In your palace wall mighty king, Do you know what I know? A child, a child Shivers in the cold Let us bring him silver and gold Let us bring him silver and gold.

Said the king to the people everywhere, Listen to what I say. Pray for peace people everywhere. Listen to what I say. The child, the child
Sleeping in the night. He will bring us goodness and light. He will bring us goodness and light.

Hark the herald angels sing

Hark the herald angels sing. "Glory to the newborn King! Peace on earth and mercy mild God and sinners reconciled." Joyful, all ye nations rise Join the triumph of the skies With angelic host proclaim:
"Christ is born in Bethlehem" Hark! The herald angels sing "Glory to the newborn King!"

Christ by highest heav'n adored Christ the everlasting Lord! Late in time behold Him come Offspring of a Virgin's womb Veiled in flesh the Godhead see Hail the incarnate Deity Pleased as man with man to dwell Jesus, our Emmanuel Hark! The herald angels sing "Glory to the newborn King!"

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace! Hail the Son of Righteousness! Light and life to all He brings Ris'n with healing in His wings. Mild He lays His glory by Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth Born to give them second birth Hark! The herald angels sing "Glory to the newborn King!"

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Let your heart be light
From now on, our troubles will be out of sight.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on, our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days, Happy golden days of yore. Faithful friends who are dear to us Gather near to us once more.

Through the years We all will be together, If the Lord allows. Hang a shining star upon the highest bough. And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

Here we are as in olden days, Happy golden days of yore. Faithful friends who are dear to us Gather near to us once more.

Through the years We all will be together, If the Lord allows. Hang a shining star upon the highest bough. And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

Joy To The World

Joy to the world, the Lord is come! Let earth receive her King; Let every heart prepare Him room, And Heaven and nature sing, And Heaven and nature sing, And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the world, the Savior reigns! Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

No more let sins and sorrows grow, Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found, Far as, far as, the curse is found.

He rules the world with truth and grace, And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness, And wonders of His love, And wonders of His love, And wonders, and wonders, of His love.

O Holy Night

O holy night! The stars are brightly shining, It is the night of the dear Savior's birth. Long lay the world in sin and error pining. Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth. A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angels voices! O night divine, the night when Christ was born. O night, divine! O night, when Christ was born.

Truly He taught us all to love each other, His law is love and His gospel is peace. Chains he shall break, for all slaves are our brothers. And in his name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, With all our hearts we praise His holy name. Christ is the Lord! Oh, hear the angels voices! O night divine, the night when Christ was born. O night, divine! O night, when Christ was born.

O little town of Bethlehem

O little town of Bethlehem How still we see thee lie. Above thy deep and dreamless sleep. The silent stars go by. Yet in thy dark streets shineth. The everlasting Light. The hopes and fears of all the years. Are met in thee tonight.

For Christ is born of Mary, And gathered all above. While mortals sleep, the angels keep, Their watch of wondering love, O morning stars together, Proclaim the holy birth, And praises sing to God the King And Peace to men on earth

O holy Child of Bethlehem. Descend to us, we pray, Cast out our sin and enter in, Be born to us today. We hear the Christmas angels. The great glad tidings tell O come to us, abide with us Our Lord Emmanuel.

Silver Bells

Silver bells, silver bells. It's Christmas time in the city. Ring-a-ling, hear them ring. Soon it will be Christmas day.

City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, Dressed in holiday style. In the air there's a feeling of Christmas. Children laughing, people passing
Meeting smile after smile, And on every street corner you hear:

Silver bells, silver bells. It's Christmas time in the city. Ring-a-ling, hear them ring. Soon it will be Christmas day.

Strings of street lights Even stop lights Blink a bright red and green
As the shoppers rush home with their treasures, Hear the snow crunch, See the kids bunch, This is Santa's big scene, And above all the bustle you hear:

The 12 days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, A partridge in a pear tree.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Seven swans a-swimming, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Eight maids a-milking, Seven swans a-swimming, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Nine ladies dancing, Eight maids a-milking, Seven swans a-swimming, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens,
Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Ten lords a-leaping, Nine ladies dancing, Eight maids a-milking, Seven swans a-swimming, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds,
Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Eleven pipers piping, Ten lords a-leaping, Nine ladies dancing, Eight maids a-milking, Seven swans a-swimming, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Twelve drummers drumming, Eleven pipers piping, Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing, Eight maids a-milking, Seven swans a-swimming, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds,
Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree!

We three kings

We three kings of Orient are; Bearing gifts we traverse afar, Field and fountain, moor and mountain, Following yonder star.

O star of wonder, star of light, Star with royal beauty bright, Westward leading, still proceeding, Guide us to thy perfect light.

Born a babe on Bethlehem's plain; Gold we brought to crown Him again; King forever, ceasing never, Over us all to reign.

O star of wonder, star of light, Star with royal beauty bright, Westward leading, still proceeding, Guide us to thy perfect light.

Glorious now behold Him arise, King and God and sacrifice,
Heaven sings, "Hallelujah!" “Hallejujah!" Earth replies.

Westward leading, still proceeding, Guide us to thy perfect light.

We wish you a Merry Christmas

We wish you a Merry Christmas; We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Good tidings we bring to you and your kin; Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Now, bring us some figgy pudding; Now, bring us some figgy pudding; Now, bring us some figgy pudding and bring some in here.

Good tidings we bring to you and your kin; Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Now, bring us some figgy pudding; Now, bring us some figgy pudding; Now, bring us some figgy pudding and bring some in here.

We won't go until we get some; We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some, so bring some right here

What Child is this?

What Child is this Who, laid to rest On Mary's lap is sleeping? Whom Angels greet with anthems sweet, While shepherds watch are keeping?

This, this is Christ the King, Whom Shepherds guard and Angels sing; Haste, haste, to bring Him laud, the Babe, the Son of Mary.

Why lies He in such mean estate, Where ox and all are feeding?
Good Christians, fear, for sinners here, the silent Word is pleading.

Nails spear shall pierce Him through, The cross be borne for me, for you. Hail, hail the Word made flesh, the Babe, the Son of Mary.

So bring Him incense, gold and myrrh, Come peasant, king to only Him; The King of kings salvation brings, Let loving hearts enthrone Him.

Raise, raise a song on high, the virgin sings her lullaby. Joy, joy for Christ is born, the Babe, the Son of Mary.

White Christmas

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, Just like the ones I used to know. Where the treetops glisten, and children listen, To hear sleigh bells in the snow.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright. And may all your Christmases be white.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten, and children listen, To hear sleigh bells in the snow.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright, And may all your Christmases be white.

I know it's not easy but please try to get yourselves familiar with these songs. We don't have a lot of time!!

See you all at 5:30 pm Thursday.

8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to From the Director