PARENTS ONLY ZONE

For grown-up discussion of OCAG!

PARENTS ONLY ZONE

Postby mickster on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:37 pm

Rhonda, Randi's mom thought this was a good idea because she felt that it would be better for an adult parent to kind of oversee the board when Regina and Marissa aren't logged on. I'm usually in front of my monitor most of the day at work so I can keep an eye on it. But Regina went one further... She created a cast members only forum to keep us parents out and maybe that's fine as long as SOME PARENT will still be able to access it.. Gimme so feedback

Michael, Zachary's Dad
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby Marissa on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:05 pm

Hi Michael, Zachary's Dad,

Regina and I can both see what the kids are writing. When the talk starts to turn to kissy kissy and drugs I'll steer the conversation back to Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. :stareek:

Now when is this forum going to start talking about kissy kissy and drugs???? I really don't want to miss that!!!!

8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:05 pm

Accountability is a good thing, and they need to be accountable for what they post (that even goes for the adults). Nothing should get posted that "everyone" can't read. We want them to have fun, but remain within the bounds of "nice". It is nice to have a place that that Rabbit can't go!!!! hehehe
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:22 pm

BTW Marissa.......do they know that Regina and you can see what they write in that forum?????

I think they should.
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby Marissa on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:39 pm

Well, yes I think they know.

Regina made it "members only." Not "kids only." The kicker is that Regina and I are members and the kids know it.

Really it's no big deal so far. Adam has been talking about his new avatar and Adam and Randi are in their big debate regarding the Wizard of Oz signature that Randi uses.

I mean come one, they're not fools. Even if Regina and I weren't "members" they still know that I'm a moderator and that Regina built the board.

I think that one thing that's cool about these certain kids is that typically children who are drawn to the performing arts are the kids who have (at least one time or another) felt like no one likes them or that they're weird or something. I mean....even with certain kids who drive most of the other kids crazy, I've never actually seen any of the kids be down right mean to each other. There are hurt feelings at times.....as in all situations with a bunch of kids. But at heart they all really do like each other a lot and don't want to hurt each other's feelings.

Basically I'm seeing just about the same stuff you guys saw before they were given their own "private forum."

Honestly I think they really like talking to some of the adults on the forum as much as talking to each other. I have a feeling that the "member’s only forum" is not going to get the posts that the rest of the forums do.

Not to worry though. They have two watch dogs lurking around them. And if nothing else, their forum is the one that I will check at least a couple of times a day.

:-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby mickster on Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:02 am

Marissa wrote:Hi Michael, Zachary's Dad,

Regina and I can both see what the kids are writing. When the talk starts to turn to kissy kissy and drugs I'll steer the conversation back to Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. :stareek:

Now when is this forum going to start talking about kissy kissy and drugs???? I really don't want to miss that!!!!

8-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby Regina on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:54 pm

I just wanted to post something...if only to make it look like we have something to say in the parents only area!!!!
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby treysmom on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:47 pm

lol regina. i know i find myself trying to see what the kids talk about i hardly ever come in here. tell nora just a few more days till she gets to see gabe
CARRIE HOLEMAN
treysmom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:50 pm

so Carrie have you heard anything on the extreme makeover thing?
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby mickster on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:35 pm

Randi's Mom - Rhonda wrote:so Carrie have you heard anything on the extreme makeover thing?

Didn't you see her and her family on News9? It must have been a couple of weeks ago...
BTW they got turned down... :bluesorry:
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:26 am

Nope missed it. I have to start watching 9 instead of 4. I miss alot!!

Sorry about that Carrie...
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby treysmom on Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:32 pm

the extreme makeover thing is out the window. because of the katrina thing but that is why news 9 did the story. we have had a builder come out and he is working with the news and some other people to get it done. so we are now just waiting. i hope they can make Hanks dream come true. his dream was to see the house redone and i don't know if everyone knows this but he has a heart and lung disease and they gave him 1 to 4 years if he doesn't get a heart transplant. the news also set up a fund called the Holeman Family Fund at Stillwater National Bank at the Waterford here in the city to help out with new things for the new house but as of yet the balance is 0. they are supposed to rerun the story sometime soon with all that information. Thanks guys for caring enough to ask. It's hard to be the only one in the house taking care of everyone. I work full time at the hospital and also i work for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. So i have very little time. So when we run late on Thursdays i hope they don't hold it against us..

Carrie
CARRIE HOLEMAN
treysmom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Parents Only