Parents needed to help straighten up after rehearsals.

For grown-up discussion of OCAG!

Parents needed to help straighten up after rehearsals.

Postby Marissa on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:04 pm

Hi all.

I'm coming to the conclusion that having one child clean up the Opera House after we rehearse is just too much.

Those of you who have been there know that after rehearsal, things are, at times, a shambles.

So, here is what I would like to do. I would like to start a "parent clean-up schedule." I've talked to Mia (Antonio's mom) and she has agreed to be in charge of the schedule. Her name here on the boards is "Mia" and her email address is Mia.Gloria@Integris-Health.com.

I figure that while parents are cleaning, then I can be giving kids their notes, etc. That way, if we're supposed to be done at 8:30 pm, I can stop them at 8 pm and give note or whatever and the parents who are cleaning that night could start at 8 pm and be easily done by 8:30 pm.

I don't think it's a great idea for just one person to clean at a time either. There are a lot of things to be done. I'll still probably assign one kid per practice to help out in a way (maybe taking the trash out) because I don't want them to figure that since moms and dads are the only ones cleaning, they can be slobs!

I will be responsible for all the lights to be out and all the doors locked.

Other things that need to be done are as follows:

All the carpet in the Opera House (including the Back Room and all the halls) need to be vacuumed after every rehearsal/show. There is a vacuum cleaner at the Opera House.

The stairs also need to be vacuumed after every rehearsal/show. If anyone has a hand held vacuum cleaner, could we borrow it? It's much easier on the stairs.

The trash (kitchen, practice area, all three bathrooms) need to be thrown away after every rehearsal/show. I'll bring up trash bags, to replace the ones that we're throwing away.

The chairs in the House (the place where the audience will sit and watch the show) need to be stacked up after each rehearsal and the tables folded and leaning against the wall. I'll try to get the tables out of the way tomorrow. We really don't need more than one for the kids to do homework on.

Okay. I can't think of anyone else. Mia should be in contact with you all pretty soon. Please spare all the help you can give. I don't want to stay up there until 9 pm each night either. Maybe this way, we won't have to.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to Parents Only