Rose Hill Cemetery Tour

Looking for something fun - and theatrical? Post information about other shows and performances here!

Rose Hill Cemetery Tour

Postby Regina on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:06 pm

The colorful stories of some of Chickasha’s most interesting people in history will come to life for three nights beginning Sept. 29 as the Chickasha Area Arts Council presents its annual Rose Hill Cemetery Tour.

The CAAC has scheduled its fourth annual Rose Hill Historic Cemetery Tour beginning Thursday at  7 p.m.  The show runs three nights: Sept. 29-30 and Oct. 1, 2005.  Only one tour is scheduled each evening, with seven stops on the route.  

Community actors will be attired in costumes appropriate for the time and the professions and lifestyles of the individuals they are portraying.  In case of inclement weather (guests should check the cemetery’s west gate for information) tour presentations will be held at Ferguson Funeral Home on 804 Utah.

One of those whose story will be told during the 2005 tour will be Clyde Becker. Becker was a prominent geologist who made oil discoveries in Cement and Lindsay. His wife, Bessie was featured last year on the tour. Tour participants also will enjoy hearing the stories about the life of Bill Jenkins who was known statewide for his expertise as a horse shoer.  

Rees Dews, World War I veteran and brother of local historians Maud and Dana Dews, will be presented this year following presentations over the past two years about his pioneer grandparents and mother. Another individual whose life was connected with the military was Luther (Red) Gray who was named to the Oklahoma Aviation Hall of Fame.

Chickasha’s impact on aviation history will be further demonstrated through the presentation of the life of Bob Erwin, who served as a flight instructor at the Wilson Bonfils Flying School.  Erwin also owned a local crop dusting business.

The lives of educational pioneers will be presented in the 2005 tour, such as the nuns who were affiliated with Catholic mission schools in Chickasha and Anadarko, who pledged their lives to work with Native American children.  A physician, Dr. Rebecca Mason, who served on the faculty of the Oklahoma  College for Women, also is featured.

Tickets are available at the following locations: Chickasha Chamber of Commerce, Ralph and Sons Dealership and the USAO Business Office. Inquiries about the tour may be e-mailed to caac@chickashaarts.org or by calling 574-1320 or 224-6476.

Robert Erwin (center) with two of his students from the WB Flying School. Erwin is one of seven historic citizens featured in the 2005 Rose Hill Cemetery Tour.
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Randi's Mom - Rhonda on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:08 pm

Wow....cool!

Who knew??!?!?!
Randi's Mom - Rhonda
Bit Actor
Bit Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:11 pm

neat-o
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby Sicky on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:47 pm

That would be so cool to go and see those things! Has anyone ever been on one before???? I mean here from OCAG????? Well, I want to go just to see what it would be like!!!! :violin:
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky
'True Hollywood Story' Subject
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Postby ocagchick_randi on Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:29 pm

yeah me 2
ocagchick_randi

Postby mickster on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:21 pm

Krislyn wrote:That would be so cool to go and see those things! Has anyone ever been on one before???? I mean here from OCAG????? Well, I want to go just to see what it would be like!!!! :violin:

Well, Let's all pack up & go..... :lovestory: :lovestory:
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:08 pm

OK!!!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Return to Local Entertainment