Krislyn's in "The Secret Garden!"

Looking for something fun - and theatrical? Post information about other shows and performances here!

Krislyn's in "The Secret Garden!"

Postby Regina on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:37 am

The Poteet Theatre announces its first production of the 2008 season, The Secret Garden, book and lyrics by Marsha Norman, music by Lucy Simon. This production is being directed by Shawna Linck. The Poteet Theatre is at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 222 N.W. 15th OKC, OK. The show runs February 8 through the 24th on Fridays at 8pm, Saturday at 8pm, and Sundays at 3pm. Tickets can be purchases by calling the Poteet box office at 405.609.1022 or online at http://www.poteettheatre.com. Tickets are $15 each.

The Secret Garden is a musical based on the 1909 novel of the same name by Frances Hodgson Burnett. The musical's book and lyrics are by Marsha Norman, with music by Lucy Simon. It premiered on Broadway at the St. James Theatre on April 25, 1991 and closed on January 3, 1993 after 709 performances.
The musical, set in 1906, tells of a young English girl, Mary, who is forced to move to England from colonial India when her parents die in a cholera outbreak. There she lives with her emotionally stunted Uncle Archibald and her invalid cousin. Discovering a hidden and neglected garden, and bravely overcoming dark forces, she and a young gardener bring it back to life at the same time as she brings new life to her cousin and uncle.
The Secret Garden garnered the 1991 Tony Awards for Best Book of a Musical, Best Featured Actress in a Musical and Best Scenic Design. The set resembled an enormous Victorian toy theatre with pop-out figures, large paper dolls, and Joseph Cornell-like collage elements.
For fifty years, Arts @ St. Luke’s has been dedicated to bringing its congregation and the community at large quality entertainment through theatre, concerts, gallery showings, and educational projects. St. Luke’s United Methodist Church is located just north of downtown on NW 15th between Harvey and Robinson. For further information on this or any other Arts @ St. Luke’s programs, please visit our website at http://www.artsatstlukes.org :snoopydance:
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sicky on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:21 pm

so I love tis show! It's a really good show and Randi is helping out with the set....which means she's on stage a lot. so you should totally come and see the show because this is the last weekend that it's going to run...
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky
'True Hollywood Story' Subject
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Return to Local Entertainment