USAO Performing Arts Calendar Announced

Looking for something fun - and theatrical? Post information about other shows and performances here!

USAO Performing Arts Calendar Announced

Postby Regina on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:30 am

Just got this in my work inbox...

The fall performing arts calendar at USAO offers many music and drama events for the community. The calendar offers 22 events including concerts, workshops, plays and guest performing artists. The fall calendar kicks off with the Davis-Waldorf Series performance by "The Three Red-Necked Tenors," Thurs at 8 p.m. in the Troutt Hall Auditorium. There will be a vocal and music theatre workshop presented by The Three Red-Necked Tenors on Thurs at 11:30 a.m. in the Davis Hall Choir Room. The workshop is free and open to the public.

Other Davis-Waldorf Series events this fall include the Simpich Marionettes Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. in the Davis Hall Theatre and Joseph Kaknes as Van Gogh, Oct. 27 at 8 p.m. in the Davis Hall Theatre. An art workshop, open to the public, will be presented by Kaknes at 1:25 p.m. in the Davis Hall Theatre on Oct. 26. Tickets for the Davis-Waldorf events may be purchased at the USAO Business Office.

The music department will sponsor three ensemble concerts this fall. The USAO Concert Choir will perform its fall concert, under the direction of Dr. Jan Hanson, at 7:30 p.m. in the Alumni Chapel on Nov. 10. The Concert Band, conducted by Dr. Dan Hanson, will perform their fall concert Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m. in the Davis Hall Theatre. The USAO Showband, directed by Joe Settlemires, will perform a fall concert November 18. The location and time for the concert will be announced at a later date.

Three USAO seniors will perform Senior Recitals this fall. Vocal major Shannan Osborn will present her recital Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. in the Alumni Chapel. Pianist Rhenada Finch will perform her Senior Recital Nov. 15 at 7:30 p.m. in the Alumni Chapel. Joy Yokum's Senior Recital will take place Dec.10 at 3 p.m. in the Alumni Chapel.

The music department will again offer Outdoor Concerts in October. The concerts will take place in the Davis Hall Sculpture Garden at noon on Oct. 14 and Oct. 28. The outdoor concerts are free and open to the public. The USAO Drama Department will present its fall play "Some Americans Abroad" Nov. 17-20 in the Davis Hall Theatre. All performances begin at 8 p.m., except the Sunday performance, which begins at 2 p.m.

This year the music department will offer "Ye Olde Madrigal Dinner," a dinner-theatre-type event with musical entertainment and a meal. The Madrigal Dinner will take place in the USAO Ballroom Dec. 2 at 6 p.m. The musical entertainment will include Renaissance vocal and instrumental music as well as mimes, jugglers and other entertainment. The Madrigal Singers class and dinner are directed by Dr. Jan Hanson and Ms. Marcia Vliet. Tickets for the Dinner may be purchased at the USAO Business Office.

In addition to all these events the music department presents Student Recitals in the Choir Room on Tuesdays at noon on Sept. 27, Oct. 11 and 25, and Nov. 8, 22 and 29.

For more information regarding music events at USAO contact Dr. Stephen Weber at 574-1295.
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Marissa on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:49 am

I thought we were supposed to put these under "Casting Call." I may be misreading what "Casting Call" if for.
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Postby Regina on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:43 am

Casting call is for things people can try out for. These are for postings of other shows that are going on - stuff that isn't done by us.
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Click here
Regina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mickster on Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:05 pm

Can't you two argue OFF the board??? :) :) :)
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:37 pm

I could say the same thin to you and krislyn ,Mickster!!!!
Next Tuttle Idol...hopefuly
ocagchick_randi
Macaulay Culkin's One Phone Call

Postby Sicky on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:29 pm

It's true...both things. We shouldn't argue anymore...let's just breathe in and then out...ok I feel better...DIE MICKSTER! :shock:
OBEY MY RABBIT AND MY NINJA!!! :ninja:
VOTE IN MY POLLS!!! :shock:
Image :kneelsuckers: Image
:elephant: Willis, don't be jealous... :elephant:
Sicky
'True Hollywood Story' Subject

Postby Sicky on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:31 pm

:shock: 8) :lol: I love my guys here! They rock! they have all of my moods!!! besides twisted.... :twisted:
Sicky

Postby ocagchick_randi on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:26 pm

NO KRISLYN YOU MUST DIE I MUST GET PROMOTED BEFORE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Postby mickster on Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:08 am

Krislyn wrote:It's true...both things. We shouldn't argue anymore...let's just breathe in and then out...ok I feel better...DIE MICKSTER! :shock:

Krislyn, if I die who will you have to endulge in intelligent conversation on the message boards???? I wasn't even talking to you and Randi about arguing. Regina & Marissa were disagreeing with each other....
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby Sicky on Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:54 pm

my post, MICKSTER, was not to you either.....It was too Randi....I was agreeing with you....Is that spelled right? Don't you leave because then it'll make MY VICTORY ridiculously easy... 8)
Sicky

Postby mickster on Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:25 pm

Krislyn wrote:my post, MICKSTER, was not to you either.....It was too Randi....I was agreeing with you....Is that spelled right? Don't you leave because then it'll make MY VICTORY ridiculously easy... 8)

I don't know of any other MICKSTER on this board. How could DIE MICKSTER not be directed at me?
mickster
Minor Role Actor
Minor Role Actor

Postby ocagchick_randi on Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:33 pm

dont blame me for all this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Postby Sicky on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:14 pm

OMG Mickster I didn't mean to say your name...seriously!!! I meant to say RANDI!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! SORRY!!!!!!! I wish that I could put a sad pathetic face on here....sigh.
Sicky

Postby ocagchick_randi on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:10 pm

nope ,i think she ment mickster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ocagchick_randi

Return to Local Entertainment