Costumes for Guild Members: The OCAG Costume.

Prop, set and costuming discussion.

Costumes for Guild Members: The OCAG Costume.

Postby Marissa on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:09 pm

The Oklahoma Children’s Acting Guild (OCAG) uses several costumes for performances. For the most part, Guild members must provide costumes themselves. The Guild does have a small costume closet; however Guild members are, at the very least, responsible for providing most of their costumes for productions.

Also, you might notice that on this Forum, under Parents’ Place there is a section called Resale Shop. Check that section out if you’re looking for costumes that other members have grown out of and please feel free to post if you happen to have costumes that your child has grown out of.

Two specific costumes are used constantly and those two are costumes that every Guild member will need to provide for themselves. The costumes are the OCAG Costume and the Oklahoma! Costume.

The OCAG Costume.

Girls must have a black skirt that hits them anywhere from right above the knee to right above the shin. With the black skirt they need black tights and black Soft-Soled Shoes. Any questions about the tights or shoes are pretty much answered in this same section (Behind the Scenes) under “Shoes and Tights for girls.” They also need a NICE bright single color top. Do not pick “black” or “white” for the color of the top. Due to the fact that everyone needs a different color from everyone else, I would suggest you get two or three and let me see all of them. That way, we can pick the best color for your child.

Boys must have black dress pants, black socks, black dress shoes and a NICE bright single color top. Any questions about the dress shoes should be answered in this same section (Behind the Scenes) under “Shoes and Socks for boys.” Do not pick “black” or “white” for the color of the top. Due to the fact that everyone needs a different color from everyone else, I would suggest you get two or three and let me see all of them. That way, we can pick the best color for your child.

8-)
Marissa 8-)

"We will go to the Moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great." - A League Of Their Own.

The natural condition of the theatre business is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. However, as strange and unbelievable as it sounds, it always turns out well. No one knows why this is. It’s a mystery.
Marissa
Artistic Director
Artistic Director

Return to Behind the Scenes